Essay: Liberal meltdown and desperation tactics: A look at the future
Here is a good article on liberals attempting to restrict what is permissible to discuss publicly (via political correctness, etc.):
- Liberalism's self-defeating howl by Damon Linker, The Week., May 2, 2017
3 things are happening and will continue to happen for the foreseeable future
1. Liberals will find it harder and hard to control the public dialogue (for example, via the leftist tactic of political correctness).
Donald Trump's political victory, the recent growth of the right-wing news websites, the growth of European right-wing politics and the global growth of conservative religion in the world as a whole (see: Desecularization and Growth of evangelical Christianity), will make it harder and harder for the left to control public dialogue. This will be especially true as various liberal economic policies fail as countries get more and more mired in government debt.
2. One of the core tenets of liberalism is that human nature is basically good. This will be harder and harder to maintain for liberals. Why?
Islamic fundamentalists and conservative Christians have higher fertility rates than secular leftists (see: Atheism and fertility rates and Desecularization). In addition, liberal countries are making up for their low fertility rates by opening the floodgates of immigration - including Muslims.
As more and more Islamic terrorist attacks occur and as more and more clash of culture violence occurs (history tells us that more clash of culture violence will probably occur as the Muslim population increases in Europe and other Western nations), it will be harder and harder for liberals to maintain that human nature is fundamentally good.
3. The leftist political ideology of progressivism will be harder and harder to maintain.
Since liberals commonly view right-wingers as evil, the growth of right-wing politics/populism and religious conservatism in the world will be a distressing development to liberals since the leftist ideology of progressivism asserts that the world is getting better and better as time progresses.
Liberal desperation will grow
As the three things mentioned above are happening, liberals will get more and more desperate and emotionally distraught. It is already happening as can be seen by an increase in leftist violence and by Trump derangement syndrome (see also: Secular leftists and psychogenic illness). And when people get more and more emotionally distraught, their propensity for irrational thinking increases.
Generation Z and hope for politics in the future
I have read that generation Z is significantly more conservative that millennials according to some recent data (see: The Next Generation of Americans (Gen Z) May Be the Most Conservative Since WWII, CNS News, March 16, 2017). Hopefully, this is correct. It's not good for Western cultures to be filled with emotionally distraught individuals whose public policies are failing due to factors such as their economic unsustainability (government debt spiraling upward, Europe facing poor prospects for future economic growth, etc.).
- Political tremors and the supervolcano of conservatism
- Anders Breivik is the canary in the mine showing that right-wing politics could become much more violent
- Liberals are pantywaists. They have a weak ideology. They will be defeated.
- Richard Dawkins and the supervolcanic eruption of feminist atheism
- Trump’s win is causing a surge in demand for mental health services, Marketwatch 2016
- The recent explosion of right-wing news sites
- Stupid vs. Evil by Charles Krauthammer, Townhall, 2002