Essay: PZ Myers, is your wife an atheist?
PZ Myers, I recently learned that the president of the American Atheists organization, David Silverman, appears to have a wife who believes in the God of the Old Testament. According to the MasterMedia Speakers Bureau website, Silverman is married to a religious Jewish woman and he has "an eight-year old daughter who has already beaten him in a fair-and-square debate!". Did Silverman's eight-year old daughter have a debate with him on whether God exists? If so, no wonder she won a debate with him. Winning an atheism vs. theism debate is child's play (see: Atheism and debate).
The leading atheist blogger Austin Cline also has a wife who is a theist and not an atheist. Apparently, these leading atheists within the atheist movement have been unable to dupe their wives into falling for the folly of atheism. The evidence is so compelling for the existence of God that these leading atheists can't even convince their wives to be agnostics!
I will also point out that David Silverman has a degree in marketing so his failure to convince his wife to become an atheist is a big career failure! I mean if David Silverman can't convince his own wife through his life and words that atheism is valid that is pathetic.
Even more pathetic than the fact that a significant portion of the board of directors for the American Atheists have or have had a problem with being overweight (see: American Atheists and obesity). Atheists purport to love science and last time I checked nutritional science, exercise science and medical science have many effective ways to prevent and solve the problem of being overweight. By the way Mr. Myers, why did 3 out of 5 the founders of the New Atheism movement have a problem with obesity (see: New Atheism leadership's problem with excess weight)? Is their purported love of science merely atheist window dressing?
Now I realize that worldwide women appear to have more of an aversion to atheism than men (see: Atheism and women). Is it any wonder that this satire is absolutely still true today: Ponies vs. atheism - Ponies win. And I hate to break it to you, but people are still rooting for the ponies and not atheism! Perhaps that is one of the many reasons why global atheism is on the decline in terms of the number of its adherents. It must be very discouraging for global atheism to lose race after race with the beloved pony population in the competitive race for women's affection. Face it, women love ponies and not atheism. There are 3 things that most women hate: spiders, snakes and atheism! Plus, the extremely high number of cowardly atheists certainly can't help matters (see: Atheism and cowardice). By the way, when are you going to debate Vox Day?
Irony of overweight PZ Myers' remarks to the 2010 Global Atheist Convention
An overweight PZ Myers likened belief in God to a brain infection plus made the blanket statement that religion makes people stupid and/or do stupid stupid things. According to medical science, being overweight causes brain impairment. A 2009 picture of a significantly overweight PZ Myers can be found HERE.
Generally speaking, many wives with religious beliefs don't like being told they have "religious brain infections" and/or religious beliefs which causes them to act stupid - especially by atheist husbands with brain impairment caused by excess weight.
Questions for PZ Myers
PZ Myers, here are my questions:
1. Is your wife an atheist? If not, why not? (If she is an atheist, you may be in the minority as far as atheist men who have atheist wives (see: Atheism and marriage).
2. Could you please try to answer the 15 questions that evolutionists cannot satisfactorily answer? The 15 questions are the focus of the Question evolution! campaign which was started by Creation Ministries International.
3. Why do you believe that Richard Dawkins refused to debate William Lane Craig? Oxford University atheist Daniel Came wrote to Richard Dawkins: "The absence of a debate with the foremost apologist for Christian theism is a glaring omission on your CV and is of course apt to be interpreted as cowardice on your part."
4. Could you please debate a Christian scholar concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ? For example, are you willing to debate Dr. Gary Habermas with the debate topic being: Did Jesus rise from the dead? If you are not willing to debate the historical question of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, why is this? Didn't the ex-atheist Anthony Flew debate Dr. Habermas? Didn't the panel of debate judges vote that Habermas won the debate? (see the article: Gary Habermas)?
Simon Greenleaf, one of the founders of the Harvard Law school and author of a classic legal work on weighing evidence, thought the evidence was very compelling as have other leading figures in the legal community (see: Christian legal apologetics). The evidence for the resurrection is abundant and solid (see: Christian Apologetics and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ). So why hasn't a major figure within the legal community who is an atheist ever published a work attempting to rebut the works of Christian legal apologetists. That is a very glaring omission. Is it not? Has not the Western legal community been existence a very long time?
5. What proof and evidence do you have that atheism is true?
See also: Ponies vs. atheism - Ponies win
- Atheist David Silverman failed!
- Prominent atheists whose wives believe in the existence of God
- Atheism and interfaith marriages
- Does Richard Dawkins have machismo?
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution
- About Austin Cline
- Thriving Christianity
- PZ Myers - Global Atheist Convention 2010
- http://creation.com/question-eviolution Question evolution! campaign] by Creation Ministries International
- Richard Dawkins accused of cowardice for refusing to debate existence of God, The Daily Telegraph, May 14, 2011
- Evidence for the resurrection of Jesus
- David Silverman