Essay: PZ Myers embarrasses himself at the Global Atheist Convention
At the 2010 Global atheist Convention, an overweight PZ Myers likened belief in God to a brain infection plus made the blanket statement that religion makes people stupid and/or do stupid stupid things. According to medical science, being overweight causes brain impairment. A 2009 picture of a significantly overweight PZ Myers can be found HERE.
Of course, this raises the question: PZ Myers, is your wife an atheist? Generally speaking, wives with religious beliefs don't like being told they have "religious brain infections" and/or religious beliefs which causes them to act stupid - especially by atheist husbands with brain impairment caused by excess weight.
Refusal to debate at the 2010 Global Atheist Conference
In 2010, the worldwide atheist community was challenged to a debate by Creation Ministries International as prominent atheists were speaking at a 2010 Global Atheist Convention in Australia. Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers and other prominent atheists refused to debate Creation Ministries International. Generally speaking, creation scientists tend to win the creation vs. evolution debates.
The website True Free Thinker declared concerning the refusal of Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers and other prominent atheists to debate the creation scientists and other staff at Creation Ministries International:
|“|| In keeping with his constant attention getting shenanigans and his equally constant absconding from debating apt challengers via a barrage of illogical and excuses, the moniker of cowardly clown fits Richard Dawkins more than ever (see Send in the Clowns – Richard Dawkins Obliges).
Enter Jonathan Sarfati (PhD in chemistry),senior scientist at Creation Ministries International, who recently published the book “The Greatest Hoax on Earth? Refuting Dawkins on Evolution.” Interestingly, Jonathan Sarfati sought to publish the book by the time that the 2010 Global Atheist Convention—billed as “The Rise of Atheism”—of March 12-14 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center in Australia.
The most intelligent, well informed and vociferous atheists in the world, including Richard Dawkins, Dan Barker, PZ Myers, et al, were challenged to debate while their worldwide choir was gathered in one place and yet, one by one they each found excuses to cower from debate even whilst proclaiming to their adherents the intellectual superiority of atheism.
Questions for PZ Myers
PZ Myers, here are my questions:
1. Is your wife an atheist? If not, why not? (If she is an atheist, you may be in the minority as far as atheist men who have atheist wives (see: Atheism and marriage).
2. Could you please try to answer the 15 questions that evolutionists cannot satisfactorily answer? The 15 questions are the focus of the Question evolution! campaign which was started by Creation Ministries International.
3. Why do you believe that Richard Dawkins refused to debate William Lane Craig? Oxford University atheist Daniel Came wrote to Richard Dawkins: "The absence of a debate with the foremost apologist for Christian theism is a glaring omission on your CV and is of course apt to be interpreted as cowardice on your part."
4. Could you please debate a Christian scholar concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ? For example, are you willing to debate Dr. Gary Habermas with the debate topic being: Did Jesus rise from the dead? If you are not willing to debate the historical question of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, why is this? Didn't the ex-atheist Anthony Flew debate Dr. Habermas? Didn't the panel of debate judges vote that Habermas won the debate? (see the article: Gary Habermas)?
Simon Greenleaf, one of the founders of the Harvard Law school and author of a classic legal work on weighing evidence, thought the evidence was very compelling as have other leading figures in the legal community (see: Christian legal apologetics). The evidence for the resurrection is abundant and solid (see: Christian Apologetics and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ). So why hasn't a major figure within the legal community who is an atheist ever published a work attempting to rebut the works of Christian legal apologetists. That is a very glaring omission. Is it not? Has not the Western legal community been existence a very long time?
5. What proof and evidence do you have that atheism is true?
- Prominent atheists whose wives believe in the existence of God
- Does Richard Dawkins have machismo?
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution
- PZ Myers - Global Atheist Convention 2010
- http://creation.com/question-eviolution Question evolution! campaign] by Creation Ministries International
- Richard Dawkins accused of cowardice for refusing to debate existence of God, The Daily Telegraph, May 14, 2011
- Evidence for the resurrection of Jesus