Essay: Professor PZ Myers fails his applied biology course
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines biology as "a branch of knowledge that deals with organisms and vital processes." Two of the most basic vital processes relating to biology are breathing and eating. It is readily conceded that PZ Myers has figured out how to breathe, but how intelligent and wise is he on the eating/drinking front?
- 1 Applied biology
- 2 Health issues
- 3 Taste magnificent vs. less filling - ill thought out applied biology experiments gone awry
- 4 Did PZ Myers give an applied biology seminar in Toronto?
- 5 Humorous question of the day
- 6 Evolutionists who have had problems with being overweight and/or obese
- 7 Fitness fight of the century - Christian Ken Ammi vs. atheist biologist PZ Myers
- 8 Atheists and physical and mental health related problems associated with obesity
- 9 Western atheists sumo wrestling - survival of the fattest?
- 10 Question: How many nanoseconds do you think PZ Myers could last in this experiment?
- 11 See also
- 12 Does PZ Myers have machismo? An upcoming essay?
- 13 External Links
- 14 Addendum
- 15 Notes
2009 pictures of a significantly overweight PZ Myers can be found HERE and HERE and HERE. A 2010 picture taken in Australia shows PZ Myers drinking ale/beer and he had excess weight in his abdominal area. In 2010, PZ Myers had health problems related to his heart. In addition, medical science research indicates that excess weight impairs brain function. Given PZ Myers' biological training and the wide dissemination of the health effects of being overweight in terms of cardiovascular health and brain function, it is unfortunate that preventative medicine was not used in greater measure in terms of his health. PZ Myers' inattention to diligently implementing the recommendations of nutritional science, exercise science, and medical science is not entirely surprising given his vehement advocacy of evolutionary pseudoscience. There have been a number of notable evolutionists who have been overweight.
Christian apologist Vox Day commentary on a picture of PZ Myers with his fans
In 2011, Christian apologist Vox Day had an individual complain about the notion that the atheist community has a problem with obesity (please see Atheism and obesity). As a result, on May 19, 2011, Vox Day released a blog post entitled Mailvox: now, who said atheists are fat? where 80% of the people taking a picture with PZ Myers were overweight and PZ Myers was overweight in the picture as well as can be seen HERE. The picture was originally posted on PZ Myer's blog Pharyngula by Myers on May 16, 2011 and an online argument quickly ensued concerning the appearance of the photograph's participants.
Taste magnificent vs. less filling - ill thought out applied biology experiments gone awry
Message to PZ Myers:
I saw your recent "11th day of beer" post at your blog and I am looking forward to your upcoming Slimfast and low calorie beer posts. Of course, I could add that I have my doubts that a recent post of yours at your "science" blog entitled The 5th day of beer features a low calorie beer/ale.
Evolving a backbone
Now could PZ Myers evolve a backbone and become more serious about losing weight? That is certainly possible.
Did PZ Myers give an applied biology seminar in Toronto?
A 2008 picture of PZ Myers meeting with people associated with the Center for Inquiry in Toronto can be found HERE Did PZ Myers give an applied biology seminar in Toronto to skeptics?
Humorous question of the day
How does PZ Myers know its dinner time?
Answer: His wife yells out Sooie!
Evolutionists who have had problems with being overweight and/or obese
A list of evolutionists who who have had problems with being overweight and/or obese can be found here:
Fitness fight of the century - Christian Ken Ammi vs. atheist biologist PZ Myers
One of the most vociferous opponents of the atheist and evolutionist PZ Myers is the internet Christian apologist Ken Ammi who has written a collection of essays concerning the follies of PZ Myers at his website True Freethinker. In January of 2011, Ken Ammi became a National Fitness Examiner for the internet news organization the Examiner.
Enter the applied biology fitness dragon!
In January of 2011, Ken Ammi wrote:
|“||Ken Ammi began his traipse into the realm of exercise relatively late in life and is now in the best shape of his life at 40 yrs. He taught martial arts in the Kung Fu tradition. He is always in the process of learning and sharing information about exercise; especially since he figured that he will be a grandpa, at the very earliest, at the age of 60 and simply has to stay in shape.||”|
Professor PZ Myers most regrettably earns an F in applied biology
So while the biologist and evolutionist PZ Myers is giving public reports of swilling non-diet beer/ale instead of giving many reports of swilling Slimfast and low calorie beer, Christian apologist and PZ Myers critic Ken Ammi becomes the very essence of applied biology. As a result of this state of affairs, most regrettably PZ Myers has to be given a grade of F in applied biology. Of course, considering the fact that macroevolution is a pseudoscience that is counter evidence and without support, this certainly didn't help PZ Myers in terms of his applied biology grade.
Some of the medical conditions associated with obesity include: type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and triglycerides, coronary artery disease (CAD), stroke, arthritis, cancer, sleep apnea, reproductive problems in women and varicose veins. In addition, medical science research indicates that excess weight impairs brain function.
According to the Mayo Clinic some of the symptoms associated with obesity can include:
Concerning the issue of depression, atheists do have higher rates of suicide than the general population.
Western atheists sumo wrestling - survival of the fattest?
Pictures of atheists PZ Myers and Matt Dillahunty
Question: How many nanoseconds do you think PZ Myers could last in this experiment?
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Evidence for Christianity
- Pharyngula (blog)
- Where was neuroscientist Sam Harris when the New Atheists needed him? - satire
- PZ Myers embarrasses himself at the Creation Museum - satire
- Militant atheism and short man's syndrome - satire
- Atheism and obesity
- PZ Myers finally looks more like Ken Ham! - satire
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution (large collection of comedy/satire concerning atheism and evolution)
- Prominent atheists weighed on the scales and found wanting - satire
- Overweight atheists comedy and satire
Does PZ Myers have machismo? An upcoming essay?
See also: Does Richard Dawkins have machismo?
- PZ Myers - Christian rebuttals by True Free Thinker
- Obesity Linked to Changes In Cognitive Patterns
- As Waistlines Widen, Brains Shrink
- Physical Activity Self-Monitoring and Weight Loss: 6-Month Results of the SMART Trial
- Body-mass index and mortality among 1.46 million white adults