Essay: The atheism and science blues
For 40 plus years, atheism has performed miserably in debates relating to science. In addition, modern science was largely founded by Christians. Atheism is an intellectual hobo when it comes to science. Here is a song by John Lee Hooker for your listening enjoyment: Hobo Blues.
Concerning atheism, Dr. Douglas Jesseph was described as "the most impressive debater to date" by Jeffery Jay Lowder, a founder of the pro-atheism website Internet Infidels. However, in a 1996 debate with William Lane Craig, Doug Jesseph claimed that the origin of life had a detailed atheistic explanation(s). This confidence was not shared by the highly respected origin of life researcher Stanley Miller. Indeed, in 1996, John Horgan wrote that "Miller seemed unimpressed with any of the current proposals on the origin of life, referring to them as “nonsense” or “paper chemistry.”" In a 1996 edition of Scientific American, Horgan went on to say: "The origin of life is a science writer's dream. It abounds with exotic scientists and exotic theories, which are never entirely abandoned or accepted, but merely go in and out of fashion."
In 2010, the worldwide atheist community was challenged to a debate by Creation Ministries International as prominent atheists were speaking at a 2010 global atheist convention in Australia. Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers and other prominent atheists refused to debate Creation Ministries International. Generally speaking, leading evolutionists no longer debate creation scientists because creation scientists tend to win the debates.
See also: Rebuttals to atheist arguments
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Evidence for Christianity
- Professor PZ Myers fails his applied biology course
- Western atheists sumo wrestling - survival of the fattest?
- This year's best atheist debaters - satire
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution (large collection of comedy/satire concerning atheism and evolution)
- Creation scientists tend to win the creation vs. evolution debates
- Instances of Richard Dawkins ducking debates
- Atheism and Debate