Essay: The world weighs Richard Dawkins in the balance
Richard Dawkins' loss of influence post-Elevatatorgate shown via Quantscast graphs
As can be seen by the graph below, by means of embedded code on his website from Quantcast, Quantcast directly measures the web traffic of Richard Dawkins' website. Traffic to Dawkins website is significantly down post-Elevatorgate. See also: Internet atheism
Although his following of Dawkian atheist has significantly waned post-Elevatorgate and due to his generally abrasive manner, he does retain a small cult following (See: Richard Dawkins' loss of influence and Richard Dawkins' cult of personality and Atheist cults).
A blogger at the popular Christian YouTube video maker Shockofgod's blog quipped in a blog post entitled July 2, 2011: The day the atheism movement died on the information superhighway:
|“||Yes, my atheist friends, July 2, 2011 is the day that the atheist movement died on the information superhighway. I did not come to honor the atheism movement in this blog post, but to bury it. Those whose movement's come alive by the information superhighway, die by the information superhighway.||”|
Present web traffic according to Quantcast which directly measures Dawkins' website traffic
- World weighs Richard Dawkins in the balance and finds him wanting!
- Does Richard Dawkins have machismo? - comedy/satire
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution (large collection of comedy/satire concerning atheism and evolution)
- ↑ July 2, 2011: The day the atheism movement died on the information superhighway, Shockawenow blog, September 30, 2014
- ↑ 2012 has been a very BAD year for Richard Dawkins's website according to Quantcast
- ↑ Richard Dawkins' loss of influence
- ↑ Web traffic of Richard Dawkins' main website
- ↑ Quantcast - Quantcast Measure