A radical feminist typically has the following characteristics:
- avoids using the word "girl" to refer to a grown woman
- in fiction movies, portrays nearly all the women as flawless and strong, and nearly all the men as flawed and weak
- in movies based on fact, distorts the facts to remove the villainous women and/or flaws in the women portrayed, and distorts the role of men
- insists on censorship of opposing speakers, writers, or presentations, often done on the eve of an event without consideration of the disruption
- expresses extreme offense at modest expressions of disagreement
- exhibits seething hatred for women who do not toe the feminist line, such as Ann Coulter
- lacks a sense of humor
- is bossy and self-centered
- displays contempt for women who serve in traditional family roles, such as housewives
- lacks recognition of achievements, such as inventions, made possible by traditional family structures
- believes that single mothers are as capable of raising well-adjusted children without the influence of a stable father figure as are traditional families
- insists that the lifestyle, attitudes, and customs of women should mirror exactly those of men and vice versa
- regards all men as potential rapists
- rarely or never defers to the majority, or concedes defeat
- seeks to alter language to reinforce feminist ideology.
- encourage stereotypes to justify their intolerance
- insists on the categorization of so-called oppressed groups:
- "Queer" people are claimed to be oppressed by "straight" people.
- "Cisgender" people is their term for normal people. They oppress "transgender" people.
- "People of color" is their umbrella term for African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and everyone who isn't white. Of course, they are oppressed by white people.
- These labels inevitably lead to labels of "us" and "them" which exacerbate the original problems they were claimed to solve.
- French, M. cited in Morrow, L. Second Drafts of History: Essays; Basic Books; Cambridge. Page 306, (2007)
- Over 25 years after the Equal Rights Amendment failed and its deadline passed, feminists are still trying to pass it.