Fiat currency is currency that is founded merely on government decree and cannot be converted to an asset such as gold and silver. It is any currency that is issued at will (usually by a government) without precious metals or other tangibles backing its value. (From the Latin "Let it be done.")
- "The one aim of these is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt." - Henry Ford
- "Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves." -- Traditional
- "Of all the problems with fiat currency, the most basic is that it empowers the dark side of human nature. We’re potentially good but infinitely corruptible, and giving an unlimited monetary printing press to a government or group of banks is guaranteed to produce a dystopia of ever-greater debt and more centralized control, until the only remaining choice is between deflationary collapse or runaway inflation. The people in charge at that point are in a box with no painless exit."
- ↑ http://www.halexandria.org/dward297.htm
- ↑ World in a Box by John Rubino, http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-world-in-a-box.aspx?article=6093328534H11690&redirect=false&contributor=John+Rubino Published December 8, 2014, Accessed December 27, 2014