Financial planning designation
The RFC® Designation is a financial planning designation granted by the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC), founded in 1984, is dedicated to educate, support and advance the professionalism of financial advisors who are helping people spend, save, insure, invest and plan for the future. The IARFC grants the fastest growing industry designation of Registered Financial Consultant (RFC®).
Membership Continues to Increase!
The IARFC is the fastest growing professional organization in financial services, as it continues its expansion at 3% per month. Reflecting steady growth since 2000 when the total was only 648, the membership of the association now exceeds: 8,000
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Taiwan (ROC)
- United States.
History of the IARFC
The IARFC was established in 1984 as the International Association for Registered Financial Planners, lead by the first president, Jack Gargan - a prolific author, financial advisor and later an independent politician. The early association was focused on planners that met stringent education, licensing and continuing education requirements.
RFC® Self-Study and Examination
The testing procedures and questions were developed for the IARFC by the Keir Educational Resources Company, widely recognized as a leader in the development of supplemental study materials for CLU, ChFC, CFP, and NASD exams. The preparation curriculum consists of ten volumes (see below) and mirrors that of the CFP preparation.
The tests reflect the participation of Robert M. Crowe, Ph.D., CLU, ChFC, CPCU, CFP, RFC®; Jack C. Keir, Ph.D., CLU, CPCU, RFC®; and John C. Keir, JD. Jack is the former head of the Department of Business Administration at Kansas State University and former Associate Dean at The American College and Professor of Insurance at Temple University. Bob Crowe was professor of Finance and Insurance at The American College, and also as Dean of the College of Business Administration at University of Tulsa and the University of Memphis. John Keir has practiced law in Philadelphia and is widely published in various law journals on the subject of estate and financial planning.
RFC® Course - The Financial Planning Process™
The new curriculum, Financial Planning Process, developed by the IARFC to help financial advisors prosper through effective marketing, planning, selling and servicing. It is not just another academic program followed by hours of examinations. Based on Practice Management, not Theory, the new five-day program includes all the Tools and Text - not just a list of Tasks. Consider attending yourself, or sending an associate - at a very discounted tuition fee.
Professional Code of Ethics
- I will at all times put my client's interests above my own.
- I will maintain proficiency in my work through continuing education.
- When fee-based services are involved, I will charge a fair and reasonable fee based on the amount of time and skill required.
- I will abide by both the spirit and the letter of the laws and regulations applicable to financial planning services.
- I will give my client the same service that I would apply to myself in the same circumstances.
- Download the latest IARFC Register by clicking on the cover image, or go to the list of archived issues below. Provided in Adobe Acrobat. IARFC members receive a hard copy.
- You also may search for a RFC®. This helps many folks find a financial planners close to them.
- The IARFC is a truly international organization, and it continues expansion across the globe.
Current International RFC Organizations: Directory http://www.financialsoftware.com/afforgs/documents/InternationalContacts_017.pdf