A firearm is device, typically used as a weapon, which fires projectile(s) with the force of the expanding gases created by the rapid burning of a confined propellant (typically gunpowder). Such weapons can be as small as handguns, which can be carried and used in one hand, or as large as the cannon on a battleship.
Such weapons are typically referred to as "guns" in common usage. Gun has a particular meaning in specialist usage, however, when referring to larger weapons; a gun is a direct-fire weapon (which fires directly at the target), whereas a howitzer or mortar is an indirect-fire weapon (a weapon that fires in a high arc to drop its fire down on a target).
see also Naval guns
- Home security/defense and the Castle Doctrine
- Self-defense: Firearms (Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun), Knife, Pepper spray, Taser, Weapons
- EDC - Everyday carry
- BOB - Bug-out bag
- Constitutional carry
- Gun control
- List of celebrities against Second Amendment
- National Firearms Act of 1934
- Gun Control Act of 1968
- Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1994
- Unfree states and Big Government Gun control: Liberal ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Gun control, Militarization of police, Asset forfeiture and Domestic mass surveillance of law-abiding citizens via the Police state: Globalist-United Nations-Statist-Socialist-National Socialist-Communist
- Gun rights (Unalienable rights) protected by the Second Amendment and most Conservatives, Republicans, Libertarians, Patriots and Oath Keepers such as: