John Corapi was born May 20, 1947 in Hudson, New York. He is an American Catholic priest, retired, and a was member of the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT) before being suspended. His deep voice and distinctive speaking style have won him millions of followers on EWTN Television, Radio and through the internet. Corapi resides in Montana and is promoting abortion awareness under the title TheBlackSheepdog.
He comes from an extremely devout Catholic family and often cites his Grandmother and Mother for his faith. His father abandoned the family when he was a young boy. He had a younger sister that died in an automobile accident. He was a star high school football player and took up the sport of boxing.
Young Adult Life
He volunteered to serve in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War and became a Green Beret. His entire unit was on their way to Vietnam when their helicopter crashed in Panama. He was the only person injured and was sent to a United States installation in Germany for the rest of his career. Meanwhile, his unit went to Vietnam and every member was killed within 3 months of arriving.
After the military, he received his Bachelors degree in business from Pace University. He moved to Las Vegas and worked for a Mormon business as a financial advisor to the Tropicana casino. He became very successful and was hired to oversee casino finances for the municipal government. He then moved to Los Angeles and started his own business as a real-estate agent to Hollywood Stars. He became a multi-millionaire with a big house, a big yacht and drove a Ferrari. Subsequently, several years of the party life style left him addicted to freebasing cocaine. John's friends abandoned him, he went bankrupt and then he became homeless. He lived on the city streets for a couple years refusing help and in horrible pain. He spent a year in the Veteran's Administration psychiatric hospital.
Thanks to twenty straight years of prayer from his beloved Mother and Grandmother, he decided to return home. John received a one-way ticket to Hudson, NY to live with his mother. After a period of time, he told his mother he wanted to go to confession. He told the priest "Forgive me father, it has been twenty years since my last confession." He made a good confession and it ended with "Father, I think I am being called to the priesthood." A stunned Father said, "With God, anything is possible." See conversion story video
Eventually, John Corapi went back to school, this time for theology studies. He had received a Masters degree in Sacred Scripture from Holy Apostles Seminary. Also, he moved to Spain where he earned Doctorate in Dogmatic Theology from the University of Navarre. John was ordained a priest by Pope John Paul II at the Vatican. He conducts speaking tours in North America and since his ordination to the priesthood in 1991 Fr. John Corapi has traveled over 2,000,000 miles preaching the Gospel.  Father Corapi had reconciled with his Dad and he heard his confession. Not long after, his dad became gravely ill, which required multiple operations and he lived his last years in much pain. Fr. Corapi was always at his dad's bedside with him. John held the funeral for his dad on September 11th, 2001.
His website explains; The essence of Father's message is the essential message of Jesus Christ. It is Good News: a message of truth and goodness, love and mercy. It is above all else a message of hope. He has a great love for the Virgin Mary which he says leads us to the fullness of Jesus Christ. He developed the highly acclaimed series on the Catechism of the Catholic Church entitled The Teaching of Jesus Christ. This study is used throughout the world as a course in religious education and catechises.
Resigned from SOLT
It had come to Fr. Corapi's attention that a female lay person on his staff was profiting off of his works and she was fired. According to Corapi, this person threatened to bring down Father Corapi. She made allegations of sexual affairs, drug use and other anti-Church teachings. Corapi utilized his American rights to defend himself through the courts. The Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity, Fr. Corapi's orders, suspended the Father pending an investigation. SOLT demanded that he give up his lawsuit. SOLT said his vow of poverty was broken by his numerous assets such as acres in the millions of dollars and numerous vehicles. Also, Corapi made had contracts with individuals preventing others from discussing his assets.
Corapi has left Holy orders and has no intention of returning. By Catholic law, he is still a priest. His faculties were suspended, such as dispensing of the Eucharist. Currently, he markets himself as The Black Sheepdog through various media channels, social media and books. This dramatic shift in his life appears to have taken a toll on his confidence and speaking authority. See Video
Fr. Corapi was instrumental in exposing an alleged scam in which patients were advised to have unneeded heart-bypass surgery. The coalition described him as a "priest-turned-whistleblower" and a "a key figure in a probe over whether heart surgeons had performed hundreds of worthless heart operations".  
- "The devil donned a judicial robe."
- "You need to know your faith. You cannot give what you do not have."
- "Run the race to the finish line, for in the end we have the certain knowledge that truth will triumph over lies, light over darkness, and good over evil."
- "The brain is designed for the truth and the heart is designed for love."
- "Why does a good God permit evil?" Father Corapi perfectly explains this "theological no-brainer" when describing the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The greatest evil ever.... the creatures killing the Creator, Deicide. Yet, the greatest Good has come out of it, Jesus's redemption for mankind.  God permits evil to bring a greater good about.
The pillars of father's preaching.
- Love for and a relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary which leads us into a vibrant and loving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Great love and reverence for the Most Holy Eucharist--from Holy Mass to adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- An uncompromising love for and obedience to the Holy Father and the teaching of the Magisterium of the Church.
- Death Wish part 1
- Death Wish part 2
- Wake Up America!
- New War/Old War
- Fr. Corapi on Notre Dame Scandal for the Cardinal Newman Society
Books & DVD
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church Series
- Ever Ancient Ever New
- The Lord and Giver of Life
- Redding Docs to Pay Millions to Settle False Claims Act Lawsuit Corporate Crime Reporter, November 15, 2005
- Surgery For Profit? CBS, November 21, 2002
- New War/Old War YouTube
- The Black Sheepdog - John Corapi's blog
- TheBlackSheepdog YouTube channel
- FatherCorapi YouTube channel
- Twitter page
- Finding the Hidden Treasure and Pearl of Great Value
- Divine Mercy
- John Corapi's Amazing Story
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church--Gift of the Second Vatican Council by Ft. John Corapi