Gent-Sint-Pieters Railway Station

From Conservapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Gent-Sint-Pieters Railway Station is the major railway station in the city of Ghent, with 56.000 daily travellers it's the second busiest railway station of Belgium, only preceded by Brussels South Railway Station.

The station was opened in 1912 and was build for the 1913 world exhibition and it's located at the Koningin Maria Hendrikaplein.

The station is built in an eclectic style, the most noticeable of the Station is its characteristic clock tower which is placed asymmetrical to the main entrance.

Outside the station is a bus and tram stop to the city centre and other destinations. At the end of 2006 major renovation works started wich changed the station and it environment drastically.[1]

References