George Clooney, born May 6, 1961 (age 54), a divorced liberal actor. He was born in Lexington, Kentucky, and is the son of TV newscaster Nick Clooney. Clooney's role on the television series E.R. brought him public attention, and his liberal politics aided his movie career. He was placed in prominent roles in films, including the Perfect Storm (where he had very little dialog), Batman & Robin, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and Ocean's Eleven, and its two sequels. He won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2005 for his role in the film Syriana, but was passed over for an Oscar for Best Actor in 2012 despite heavy media promotion for him to receive it. Clooney went prematurely grey, making him look older than he really was.
Clooney supported Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election, and in May 2012 held a massive fundraiser at his home for the reelection of Obama. Clooney's father also raised more than a million dollars for his own run as the Democrat nominee for Congress in Kentucky in 2004, but then lost in a landslide.
Clooney joked about Charlton Heston's Alzheimer's disease and defended his actions afterwards, stating that Heston deserved it. Heston replied that George should be careful, as he had as much chance of contracting the disease as anyone else.
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000123/bio
- ↑ Clooney has also dabbled in roles as a producer, film director and screen writer.
- ↑ George Clooney biography.com, retrieved May 11, 201
- ↑ http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/1931445/detail.html
- ↑ http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/dpatton/2008/dp_04072.shtml |Charlton Heston Made History