George Mason University
|George Mason University|
|City:||Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William County, Virginia|
|Sports:||baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, rowing, soccer, softball, swim and dive, tennis, track and field, volleyball, wrestling|
|Degrees:||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral|
George Mason, the man for which the school is named, was a Founding Father of the United States of America. He drafted the Virginia Declaration of Rights, which served as the foundation for the first 10 amendments of the Bill of Rights.
The Patriots have 11 men's varsity sports and 11 women's varsity sports. In 2006, the Patriots made the Final Four of the NCAA men's basketball tournament after pulling off four straight upsets. They lost in the national semifinals to the University of Florida.
- The Official Athletics Site of the George Mason University Patriots (English) (HTML). George Mason University.
- College Search - George Mason University - Mason - At a Glance (English) (HTML). College Board. Retrieved on May 31, 2010.
- A Habit of Excellence (English) (HTML). George Mason University.
- National Universities: Tier 3 (English) (HTML). US News.
- George Mason the Man (English) (HTML). George Mason University.