Glenn Edward Lee Beck is a talk-radio host and former television anchor who was employed by Fox News, and who announced his departure from the Republican Party on March 18, 2015. His radio show, The Glenn Beck Program, is syndicated by over 230 radio stations across the United States. His television show, Glenn Beck, appeared daily on CNN Headline News, before he switched to Fox News. The Glenn Beck Program ceased airing in 2010, as Beck left to focus on Mercury Radio Arts, and his Blaze (formerly GBTV) properties. A version of his Fox show airs on the network.
Though promoted to a conservative audience, Glenn Beck has become another puppet for the homosexual agenda as illustrated by his incoherent rant against Ben Carson for observing that homosexuality is a choice. Dr. Carson, to his credit, did not back away from the logical truth of his statement.
Beck is the author of ten books, and four of them were #1 New York Times Bestsellers. Books include: The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems, The Christmas Sweater, Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Arguing With Idiots, Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth, and Treasure, and Being George Washington.
Beck is currently the host of a paid-subscription online network, the Blaze (formerly GBTV) which has several programs including a one-hour version of his Fox News show. He is a Mormon. Beck believes in evolution and has called any debate between creation and evolutionism "idiotic".
Earnings and Book Deal
BusinessInsider.com estimated Beck will make $18 million in 2009 Now with the signing of his new book deal with Simon & Schuster, he will be given a larger share in the profits of each book, as well as increased creative control.
In addition to several volumes of political commentary, Beck has also written a novel, The Overton Window, published in 2010.
Liberal activism groups attempted to silence Beck by pushing his advertisers to abandon his program, after he alleged that Barack Obama is racist against white people, and that he hates white culture. This prompted "RedState" to defend Beck and call for a boycott of the advertisers on his show who were hoodwinked into boycotting it by the liberal elite.
The publicity over the attempts on Beck's popularity achieved a result that the liberals cannot have intended: Beck was featured on the cover of Time magazine, and in a final insult to liberal pride; he is depicted sticking his tongue out at the reader. Beck, however, was less than pleased with the Time cover: He stated that Time ought to have featured the large crowds attending the September 12 March on Washington and not him on its cover. Beck, however, put his own picture on his book about George Washington, "George Washington : the indispensable man, as you've never seen him" (2011).
On August 28, 2010, Glenn Beck hosted his Restoring Honor to America rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Google attempted to mislead attendees by changing its location in Google Maps to the Roosevelt Memorial days before the rally.
On June 27, 2011, Glen Beck and his wife were attacked by liberal hooligans in New York City's Bryant Park.
Known favorite associations
Beck frequently had Judge Andrew Napolitano as a guest on his Fox program. Judge Napolitano even hosted the show himself when Beck was on assignment.
In 2009, Beck launched the 9/12 project, a project aimed at recovering America's Christian founding values, closely allied with the Tea Party Movement. On September 12, 2009 (9/12), a massive Taxpayer March on Washington was accomplished, with hundreds of thousands of attendees, and was roundly censored by the liberal media.
The Project's 9 Principles, 12 Values
The 9 Principles:
- America Is Good.
- I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
- I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
- The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
- If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
- I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
- I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
- It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
- The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The 12 Values: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, Gratitude
June 30 was Glenn Beck's last show on Fox News, breaking all records for his timeslot. He is investing his future in an internet program with a different format. Beck's show on Fox was replaced by "The Five".
Between the time he left Fox and The Five started, Beck reruns were played. To add to liberal's disgust, Beck reruns handily won the ratings time slot over CNN and MSNBC.
In July 2012, Beck held a 3-day event in Texas culminating at the Cowboys stadium in Dallas. It was a non-political conference attended by 65,000 fans. Many high-profile conservatives were there including Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum. The event focused on American exceptionalism, love, faith, and community.
- Restoring Honor Rally
- Fox News
- Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth, and Treasure
- The Overton Window
- Glenn Beck Leaving CNN for Fox News AP, October 16, 2008
- Fox News' Glenn Beck strikes ratings gold by challenging Barack Obama p.3
- Conservapedia, l’Internet parallèle et inquiétant des ultra-conservateurs américains
- Conservapedia, the parallel and disturbing Internet of ultra-conservative US
- Brooks, Joanna (May 25, 2010). How Mormonism Built Glenn Beck. religiondispatches.org. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Slick, Matt. Is a Glenn Beck a Christian?. Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Golden, Steve (February 6, 2014). Debate Reactions Mixed. Answers in Genesis. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Goins-Phillips, Tré (October 10, 2016). Glenn Beck: I've considered voting for Hillary Clinton. The Blaze. Retrieved on October 10, 2016.
- Glenn Beck's Cash Machine
- Wall St. Journal; New Deal Gives Beck Share in Book Profits
- ONE WEEK AFTER LEAVING FOX NEWS, BECK RE-RUNS STILL WINNING TIME SLOT, The Blaze, July 9, 2011
- 65,000 Gather for Glenn Beck’s Restoring Love Conference, Gateway Pundit, July 29, 2012