Glock GmbH is a weapons, firearms and survival tools manufacturer founded by Gaston Glock in 1963 and headquartered in Deutsch-Wagram, Austria. The company is most famous for its range of polymer safe action pistols, and also makes survival knives and entrenching tools.
The company has five subsidiaries to cover its world-wide operations: GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. (in Austria), GLOCK, Inc. (in Smyrna, GA), GLOCK H.K. Ltd. (in Hong Kong), GLOCK America S.A. (in Uruguay), and GLOCK Middle East FZE (in Dubai). Glock also established the GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation in to conduct shooting competitions.
Glock's line of pistols were first developed in the early 1980s to replace the Walther P38 service pistol in the Austrian army. Since then, the Glock 17 and its variants have become quite popular as military and law enforcement firearms, being exported in more than 50 countries. Glock pistols are chambered for all major pistol cartridges, including the 9x17mm Short, 9x19mm Luger, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, 10mm Auto, .45 ACP and the .45 GAP. Glock pistols have a unique safe action mechanism and, unlike most handguns, do not have any external safety on/off lever. No external safety lever means that there is no risk of the shooter either forgetting or not realizing that the safety is on during a threat or emergency situation. The Glock handguns are prevented from being fired accidentally by the user by a triple safety system, dubbed the safe action trigger by Glock. The safe action mechanism includes a drop safety which prevents the handgun from firing if dropped. 
Glock manufactures the following models of pistols:
- .380 ACP for Glock 42 (the "Baby Glock"), Glock 25, and Glock 28
- 9x19mm for Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, and Glock 43 (the "Baby Glock")
- .357 SIG for Glock 31, Glock 32, and Glock 33
- .40 S&W for Glock 22, Glock 23, and Glock 27
- .45 ACP for M1911, Glock 21 and Glock 30
- .45 GAP for Glock 37, Glock 38, and Glock 39
- 10mm Auto for Glock 20 and Glock 29
Glock currently makes two models of survival knives, the Field Knife 78, which is a classic army knife, and the Survival Knife 81, which is similar to the Field Knife 78 but has a saw at the back of the blade. Both knives have a safety sheath made out of the Glock polymer.
The Glock entrenching tool is a spade which can be transformed into a shovel and a hoe, and the end of the handle can be pulled out to make a saw. The entrenching tool also folds up and stores in a nylon pouch which can be attached to a belt, a backpack bug-out bag, etc.
- Official Glock 17 Info
- Glock Sport Shooting Foundation website
- Pat Cascio’s Product Review: GLOCK 43 9mm Subcompact on The Survival Blog
- http://us.glock.com/customer-service/corporate Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- http://us.glock.com/confidence/university Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- http://glockpics.com/blog/glock-model-comparison-table Accessed March 29, 2014