Gloria Laura Vanderbilt (b. 1924 in New York City, New York) American artist, writer, fashion designer and developer of blue jeans, perfumes and dresses. Her father was Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt (railroad heir, b. 1880, d. 1925) and her mother Gloria Laura Mercedes Morgan (socialite, b. 1904, d. 1965). One of her sons is Anderson Cooper (journalist, b. 3-Jun-1967).
She attended Art Student's League, in New York City.
- Woman to Woman (1979)
- Once Upon A Time: A True Story (1985)
- Black Knight, White Knight (1987)
- Never Say Good-Bye (1989)
- A mother's story (1996, memoir, which recounts the story of her son Carter's death)
- It Seemed Important at the Time: A Romance Memoir (2004)
- Book of poetry in 1955
- The Memory Book of Starr Faithful (1994)