The concept of a place where "people can be sure no one has a gun" is now controversial, for a simple reason: the United States has seen a raft of mass murders, all occurring in such zones. According to the Crime Prevention Research Center, nearly 98% of all mass public shootings in the U.S. since 1950 occurred in a gun-free zone. Despite this, the gun control lobby Liberal deceit claims that the percentage is lower by including attacks in private homes and by ignoring gun control laws on civilians.
Ironically, the Fort Hood venue where thirteen soldiers died, was a gun-free zone, per military regulation. So also was Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Ten of the eleven most serious mass shootings during Barack Obama's presidency occurred in gun-free zones.
- When a crazy gunman wants to go on a rampage, where do they choose to go on their rampage? They choose a gun free zone. Columbine was a gun free zone. So was Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook.
- Prestigiacomo, Amanda (February 22, 2018). What Percentage Of Mass Shootings Happen In 'Gun Free Zones'? The Number Is Stunning. The Daily Wire. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- UPDATED: Mass Public Shootings keep occurring in Gun-Free Zones: 97.8% of attacks since 1950. Crime Prevention Research Center. May 23, 2018. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- Hawkins, Awr (October 11, 2014). Report: 92 Percent of Mass Shootings Since 2009 Occurred in Gun-Free Zones. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- Hawkins, Awr (July 12, 2016). CNN Lists 10 Mass Shootings in Gun-Free Zones on Obama’s Watch. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 28, 2018.