How do I revert a vandalized page to a previous state? I recently tried to change back a vandalized page but could not figure out how to put in the original references at the end of the article. MountainDew 18:38, 21 February 2007 (EST)
Good Question! Click on the contribs for the user who made the changes. Beside the edit, there is a button that says "rollback". Click that and the edit will be reverted. ~ SharonS 18:40, 21 February 2007 (EST)
- That method only works if you are a "sysop" (admin). I would recommend just copying the changed stuff fromt he previous revision. PhilipB 18:42, 21 February 2007 (EST)
I figured out how to do it by clicking the date of the previous edit before the vandalism under that page's history. MountainDew 18:46, 21 February 2007 (EST)
I've looked around but I can't figure out how to leave a signature when I post to a discussion page. Can someone help? Thanks.
- Just type ~~~~ for your signature. ColinR 19:01, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
What is with this site?
Every third click gets a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. What gives? Ga ohoyt 00:55, 17 March 2007 (EDT)
Sure would be convenient if we could link to Wikipedia without having to type all that http stuff. --Ed Poor 13:01, 19 March 2007 (EDT)
- From what I've been able to tell, links to Wikipedia seem to be looked down upon a bit. Though some users here are also from CreationWiki, and that might be another one that people might want to link to. I guess it takes some direct poking at the database to set these up... perhaps would be the one to do this? --Interiot 13:19, 19 March 2007 (EDT)
I need help trying to upload images on my computer and says that .jpg is not a recommended file name. I saw it as one of the several options to do on the upload page. I got the file name and filled in the summary. What's wrong? --Additioner 18:26, 7 April 2007
Is there a standard format for pages? Are there examples of that? Shouldn't that be listed here? Do you have notability standards at all? If not, can I make a page about my mom? IMFromKathlene 05:34, 30 March 2007 (EDT)
Blocked Users/IP Addresses....
Is this something all users will be able to see?
If the Webmaster will institute a page for Metals or Metallurgy, I will begin to add a number of terms and definitions as well as other information to that page that may be helpful to others that are looking for information on that topic. PhilH.
- You can create the page yourself, not hard. Do a search for it, then click the "start new page" link. This is a wiki, you can contribute.Hengineer 10:04, 25 April 2007 (EDT)
Creating a path to essay of a subject new to Conservapedia
I have created a page on a topic of abortion, but it is almost non-findable. I need to know how to make it findable. Right now, I think the only way to find it is by searching for "Separate Life". Not many people are going to know that they should do this.
The way I thought it should be is this:
1) From main page, search for abortion. Go.
2) Click on Separate Life in the Contents
So I need to know how to list it in the Contents. I would also then need to know how to make a link so that if one clicks on Separate Life, his computer would take him to the Separate Life page. Earl100
- You could create a new page, and move the old one to it, no?--Sysop-TK /MyTalk 03:36, 12 May 2007 (EDT)
No. I don't even understand that.
- I will refer this to the CPWebmaster, whom I know can help you! --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 14:29, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- I would suggest two ways to do this. One would be to put one or more categories at the bottom of the page, like this : [[category:medicine]] - and preview to make sure the cats exist; or look on the list of categories that "category" will then link to to find one or more appropriate cats. Each category gets its own tag. It is suggested that all articles should be categorized, by the way. The other way is to look for articles on similar topics, and see if they should mention the topic of your new article. If so, include such a sentence or mention (or a "See Also") and link them to your file. Just make sure it makes sense in the article you link from. Hope this helps! Human 15:24, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- Earl, if you want to make a link to a page enclose the title of the page in two brackets, like this, [[Separate Life]]. I just added your essay to the bottom of the abortion page as "Essay on abortion." Let me know if you need any more help. CPWebmaster 15:46, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
How do I create a Category page?
How do I create a Category page? I am trying to create the category of Accounting terms (for the asset, liability, and Balance Sheet pages) but I don't know how to do it - can anyone help, please? thanks --Taj 23:40, 13 June 2007 (EDT)
- Where your articles have Accounting terms at the bottom of the page (under "category"), click on that red link, and you will find yourself on the Accounting terms page, which will list the three articles. in a sense, you've already done it! But in order to turn those red links into blue links, put something in the edit box on that page, so that the page contains more than just the list. Philip J. Rayment 06:57, 14 June 2007 (EDT)
- Thank you very much for the explanation! It was so simple to do that I feel foolish now, lol :p The difficulty came because I wasn't typing anything in the edit box, thinking the list of pages would be automatically generated with the new page (it was, but I needed to type something too). Again, thank you. --Taj 14:24, 14 June 2007 (EDT)
I understand about the ability to upload images, but I am lost at what kind of images should be uploaded to Wikipedia and what image licenses should be avoided or not. Thanks. Zscout370 16:44, 10 August 2007 (EDT)
- Ok, sorry about that. I meant to say Conservapedia (it's getting hard typing the new name out, to be honest). I ask the question of uploading images, since I know about two image resources we can use for photos, mostly of state leaders. I just wasn't sure what your policies were. Zscout370 14:58, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
- Most State Leaders are considered Public Domain, especially when taken from government sites. If you can be more specific, I can attempt to answer you, or (more likely) find you the answer ;-). --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 15:01, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
- The websites I plan on uploading the images from are from Kremlin.ru and, hopefully, president.gov.by. They are the official websites of the Russian and Belarusian presidency, respectively. I will provide the text, in English, in a few. Zscout370 15:12, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
- Ok, from the President of Belarus: Use of materials of the portal - The materials of portal can be used in the media, be extended in the network the Internet without any limitations on volume and periods of publication. Reference to the ultimate source is only condition. No preliminary agreement to the use of materials of portal from the side of the press- service of the President of republic Belarus' it is required. . For the President of Russia, please read . Zscout370 15:18, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
"All materials on the Presidential website may be reproduced in any media outlets, on Internet servers or on any other information supports without restriction on the amount of material and time of publication. This authorisation covers equally newspapers, magazines, radio stations, TV channels and Internet sites. The only condition is that any reproduction or broadcasting of the website’s materials contain a reference to the original source. No prior approval from the Presidential Press and Information Office is required to reprint information from the website."
- Alright, thanks a bunch. Zscout370 17:41, 13 August 2007 (EDT)
Your user name or IP address has been blocked.
The block was made by SharonS. The reason given is Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Celtish". The reason given for Celtish's block is: "'".
You can contact SharonS or another administrator to discuss the block. You cannot use the 'email this user' feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences. Your current IP address is 18.104.22.168, and the block ID is #18750. Please include either or both of these in any queries.
Help please? I'm new, and I'm lost, and I can't figure out where to go
For the sake of ease, can I have an email with someone? I don't really understand this, and I really only wanted to write an essay about liberals reading conservapedia articles. I am a hardcore liberal, and I have always held Conservapedia in high regards, but I have a few things that I wanted to mention to people of Conservapedia as a whole. I don't really know how to do anything of any sorts, so can someone in authority please give me an email? Obi.firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks! -- ObiBinks 22:56, 26 October 2007 (EDT)
- Or click the "E-mail this user" link in the "edit console" box on the left of a user's page. Philip J. Rayment 21:25, 28 October 2007 (EDT)
Help:How to Code
can someone add a link to Help:How to Code -- 15:31, 2 May 2008 (EDT)
How do I get into the Upload images group? NotALiberal 12:21, 31 January 2009 (EST)
- See Conservapedia:User rights#Requesting further rights. Philip J. Rayment 17:10, 31 January 2009 (EST)
The page for "how can I contact you" is this: Conservapedia:Contact Us. However, there is no info here. It looks like a talk page. Should be cleaned up or something. AddisonDM 11:05, 18 February 2009 (EST)
Editing an existing page?
How do I edit an existing page? I am new to the world of online encyclopedia editing and I can't find an "edit" button or anything of the sort. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by BlueMoon (talk) --- 07:05, 24 June 2009
- At the very top of pages, you will see an "edit" tab, and another one that simply has a "+" on it. For talk pages you would typically use the "+" to add a new section, introduce a new topic/question. To add a response to a current sub-head, look at the page, on the right side, there will be an edit button for each sub header. Rather than opening the entire lengthy page, it will open for editing only that particular section. I left a welcome message on your own talk page. It has links to our Editors Guide, and other helpful information for new editors. If you run into something you don't understand, simply go to my talk page, and leave a question. BTW, the button at the top when in edit mode, that looks like handwriting, use it to sign your posts...clicking it will auto-add your signature and time stamp to your posts. --ṬK/Admin/Talk 13:27, 24 June 2009 (EDT)
Can you translate Conservapedia to Brazilian Portuguese?
Hello, Conservapedia, I'm really very sorry for sending a message to you here, so I'd much difficulty of finding your contact, I'm not sure here's the contact, I want to ask you.
Can you speak Brazilian Portuguese? Can you translate the Conservapedia site into Brazilian Portuguese? I speak English very well, but not fluently. At sometimes I can understand some words and have much difficulty of understanding the very complicated words and/or expressions in English, that don't exist in my dictionaries, in some artciles of this site.
I hope your answer
Please add this question
Hello, and please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section (I saw that I was unable to edit Conservapedia:Desk). I have heard about Conservapedia offering courses on a television program. Would someone kindly tell me where these courses may be and where I could take them? Thank you for your time. NP 18:19, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- Over in our "Educational Index." See Conservapedia:Index. We're in the 13th week of a 15-week Economics course, but all the materials, homework and model answers are online if you want to catch up. The final exam is a month away and you could prepare and take it. In late January we start a Writing Course. All posted materials are available for you to work through any of the courses on your own if you prefer.--Andy Schlafly 18:53, 12 December 2009 (EST)
Firefox/Thunderbird Search Engine?
I just found Conservapedia! How have I missed it all this time??? Can you create a search engine to use with "SearchWith" add-on for Firefox/Thunderbird? See: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2194 I'd much rather search here than with Google, Wiki, etc. etc. Thanks. Margaret, Portland OR.
There are some excellent abortion related videos available for embed that would be fantastic for the abortion project. Can they be embedded? Or do I have to link to an outside page?CDunigan 14:55, 23 October 2010 (EDT)
I was blocked - UNFAIR
I was working on the conservative songs list.I did not remove or edit any.
You have liberal activists listed there. Tracy Chapman, Pearl Jam are activists and raise money for Obama. I did not edit them even though they do not belong there. I got no warning and I was blocked.
If I did anything wrong, I was not aware I was doing it.
I listed true conservative artists with popular songs. Was I supposed to ask first? Suddenly, I was blocked due to tampering. You invite people to list their conservative songs - which I did! So why was I blocked?
By the way, a famous...VERY famous musician asked me not to list his song there because of the Liberal activists on the list. He asked me not to name him so I can't tell you who it is.
I did nothing wrong. I think this is a cliquey group. If you block people for adding true conservatives to a conservative list, then you have no right calling yourself Consevapedia. You just didn't like my choice. I didn't like your reasons to call a song conservative. I still NEVER edited them; I left them alone.
- I can't find any entries in your Block Log, so maybe general editing was simply turned off (again)? Seems to be unrelated to your particular activity unless you were reverted/warned anywhere. If you're unsure whether your edits are acceptable, you can always ask on the article's talk page. --Sid 3050 11:21, 27 November 2011 (EST)
I am no longer blocked. Thank you.
Blitzman: Hello, I was blocked in 2009 by TK for reasons he/she would not tell me. I saw some typos in several pages but did not want to write any articles. If I did something wrong tell me. I was Blitzman just added Blitzman7 so I could add this. I have no idea why you don't have a contact us area?!?! I wanted to tell you to post this news article on the main page if you want: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/creationists-convince-south-korean-officials-to-remove-evolutionary-references-from-high-school-textbooks/
Re: Infamous Killers and Liberal California
Latin, Hebrew, Greek, special characters for editing
I'm new to Conservapedia since yesterday. I surfed through only a couple of articles so far and in the Essay defending the King James Version I saw the quotation using Arabic characters. When I first edited the Introduction on my User Page I did not see anywhere a source for inclusion of different alphabetic fonts or special symbols such as the copyright sign, mathematical notation, and others for use in any article that might be written or needs correction or improvement. Some features are accessible in the row of icons at top of each Edit page. I looked at each of these with my cursor. Several of them are a huge improvement over Wikipedia. Edit pages here do not evidently present Latin, Hebrew, Greek, IPA, etc. characters for use in editing. If Conservapedia has this feature, similar to what is automatically presented at the bottom of Wikipedia's edit pages, please tell me: how do I access and use it? Is a special permission request required? Thanks. --Dataclarifier 10:31, 3 October 2014 (EDT)
- At a minimum, the Latin, Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, etc., characters can be copied from elsewhere and inserted into any edit page.--Andy Schlafly 11:00, 3 October 2014 (EDT)