Hillary Clinton email scandal
- 1 Some background
- 2 Sidney Blumenthal
- 3 Pay to play
- 4 Saudi Arabia and the Clinton Foundation
- 5 Hillary's health
- 6 Google and Benghazi
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The Office of Secretary of State is on the 7th floor of the State Department building. Security protocols do not allow any outside, non-State Department electronic transmission or listening devices on the 7th floor. Hillary Clinton insisted upon using her own personal Blackberry and refused to use State Department issued equipment and a State Department email account. For four years, when at work in her State Department Office suite, the Secretary of State was incommunicado with anyone she wanted to communicate with, or who needed to communicate with her, whether professional, diplomatic, or personal.
Fortunately for her, the job of Secretary of State required a lot of traveling. The Secretary usually is in the office only once a month when he/she returns to Washington D.C. for a monthly Congressional Oversight hearing. While on the road Hillary used exclusively her personal Blackberry tied to an email account server in her Chappaqua New York home.
Because of her insistence on using personal equipment, emails from her via the Chappaqua server were put on the State Department's spam block list. Huma Abedin pleaded with her to get an official state.gov email account. Hillary responded saying, “Let’s get separate address or device but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible.” Clinton later admitted to having emailed over 100 government officials, including President Obama, through her personal email account.
It has been established Hillary knew both her Blackberry and Chappaqua server were vulnerable to hackers. After a bureaucratic fight, the State Department accommodated her by disabling some of their security features to allow access from the Chappaqua server.
Criminal investigations of Hillary Clinton fundamentally surround three issues:
- Handling of classified information and government records;
- conflicts of interest with donors and the Clinton Foundation;
- efforts to circumvent the Watergate reform era Freedom of Information Act and openness in government.
The issue of intent was reviewed by the inspector general’s offices in the State Department and the U.S. Intelligence Community which referred the case to the FBI for criminal investigation after it was determined the Chappaqua server contained classified information. The Chappaqua server was hacked and sensitive classified information compromised.
When Hillary moved her server to Platte River Networks, it was a further violation of law.
Bill Clinton met privately with Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Days later FBI Director James Comey closed the investigation. Later it was revealed President Obama communicated with Hillary on the server using a pseudonym, which seemingly implies he was aware of the abuse. As in the Jeffrey Epstein child sex scandal, the FBI whitewashed the investigation.
Clinton talking points emphasized the idea that US intelligence, the same people who brought you the WMD debacle, claim Russia and Putin are responsible for the hack of DNC servers which resulted in the firing of Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz. This presumably would exonerate anyone connected with the DNC or Clinton campaign from complity in the Murder of Seth Rich.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails provided by Wikileaks showed clear collusion between Clinton, mainstream media outlets, and the DNC to smear Bernie Sanders. Thousands of hopeful millennials felt betrayed by the Democratic party. DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was forced out on the eve of the convention, less than 24 hours after dozens of emails were published by Wikileaks showing her and her staff rigging the primary elections for Hillary Clinton.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has offered $20,000 cash reward for the arrest and conviction of Seth Rich's killers or killer, the alleged whistleblower who provided the DNC emails to Wikileaks and was murdered execution style in early July 2016. Hillary says of Assange in an email, "Can't we just drone this guy?" To silence Assange, Wikileaks internet access was cut by the government of Ecuador after the release of Hillary's private paid speech to Goldman Sachs. Wikileaks Director, Prof. Gavin Macfayden, was found dead the following week. Macfayden's death was the third of a close associate of Assange in 6 months.
Terry McAuliffe & Wang Wenliang
Rilin Enterprises, a Chinese firm run by Wang Wenliang, a member of the Chinese parliament with close security and intelligence connections to the Chinese government, has donated $2 million. After a meeting between Mr. Wenliang and former DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe in Hillary's Washington, D.C. home, McAuliffe has come under FBI investigation as well.
Terry McAuliffe and the FBI
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe was co-chairman of President Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign. In that capacity he was a very successful fundraiser. Consequently, when the Clinton's left the White House in 2001, he was rewarded with chairmanship of the Democratic National Party. In 2008 he was chairman of Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign. In May 2016 McAuliffe came under FBI investigation for illegal campaign donations from a Chinese businessman. McAuliffe invited the same man to Hillary Clinton's Washington DC home to meet Hillary. Throughout the email probe when things looked darkest even to loyal Democrats and partisan surrogates, Hillary would smuggly reiterated, "I am confident they'll find nothing." The reason became apparent readily enough.
McAuliffe’s political-action committee, Common Good VA, donated $467,500 to the 2015 state Senate campaign of Dr. Jill McCabe, who is married to Andrew McCabe, who later became deputy director of the FBI. The Virginia Democratic Party, over which McAuliffe exerts considerable control, donated an additional $207,788 worth of support to Dr. McCabe’s campaign in the form of mailers, according to the records. That adds up to slightly more than $675,000 to her candidacy from entities either directly under Mr. McAuliffe’s control or strongly influenced by him. The figure represents more than a third of all the campaign funds Dr. McCabe raised in the effort. Responding to a Wall Street Journal exposé on the Clinton pay-to-play scandals, FBI issued a press release:
Months after the completion of her campaign, then-Associate Deputy Director McCabe was promoted to Deputy, where, in that position, he assumed for the first time, an oversight role in the investigation into Secretary Clinton’s emails.
At the time the Clinton email probe was launched in July 2015, McCabe was running the FBI’s Washington, D.C., field office, which provided personnel and resources to the Clinton email probe. At the end of July 2015, McCabe was promoted to FBI headquarters and assumed the No. 3 position at the agency. In February 2016, he became FBI Director James Comey’s second-in-command. As deputy director, McCabe was part of the executive leadership team overseeing the Clinton email investigation. McCabe was instrumental in supervising Hillary's investigation the subsequently clearing her.
Sidney Blumentsl is one of Hillary Clinton's closest chief advisors. In December 2014 it was learned Hillary Clinton on at least 23 occasions shared work related, national defense information with Sidney Blumenthal, a person not entitled to receive classified information and an employee of the Clinton Foundation. Blumenthal was officially barred by the White House from serving in the Obama administastion after aides became convinced Blumenthal was the source of racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic and deplorable attacks on Barack Obama alleging Obama was a Muslim.
It was Sydney Blumenthal, the wise and trusted confidant of the Clintons, who spread the smear on Monica Lewinsky that she was stalking the predident, a smear dutifully repeated by mainstream media sources. The pattern again, as most of America has learned, after being intimate and trusting of the Clinton's, you're betrayed and your life is destroyed to further their own selfish interests.
Pay to play
- Main article : Clinton Foundation conflicts of interest
Rosatom-Uranium One deal
In 'resetting' relations with Russia, Secretary Clinton gave approval to a deal that allowed a Russian government enterprise to control one-fifth of all uranium producing capacity in the United States. Rosatom, the Russian company, acquired Uranium One, a Utah mining company owned by a Canadian firm and run by Frank Giustra (pron. Ju-stra). Giustra is a member of the Clinton Foundation Board. The transaction required Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's approval. Giustra then donated over $130 million to the Clinton family non-profit foundation.
Rosatom is the 21st century free market inheritor of the Soviet system's command and control predecessor agency which operated the Chernobyl reactor. In the era of global corporate competition, Rosatom has taken the Soviet-style model of design, construction, and operation of nuclear power plants on the road for export. Rosatom does not just build power plants for anyone with the cash willing to pay, it can operate the plant with continuing contracts using its own technicians and employees. This includes supplying reactor grade plutonium and the more problematic and environmentally hazardous disposal of spent fuel rods. Syrian president Bashar al-Assad in May 2010 discussed with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev the possibility of Rosatom building nuclear power plants in Syria. In its report on Rosatom, Greenpeace International cites cost-cutting and an historical culture of corruption as causes of concern. Russia has now achieved near monopoly control globally in uranium enrichment for the worlds nuclear plants.
Rosatom builds more nuclear power plants worldwide than anyone else, with projects currently underway in China, Vietnam, India, and Turkey. Rosatom built Iran’s nuclear reactor in Bushehr. With the purchase of Uranium One, Rosatom also bought uranium exploration rights in Arizona, Colorado, and Utah. Uranium is the only fuel right now that can reliably produce large amounts of electricity without the release of greenhouse gases and other hydrocarbon pollutants. And under Russian law, contaminated waste must be returned to the country of origin.
According to the New York Times money began flowing into the Foundation before the transaction was complete.
Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.
And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.
Emails reveal after the Kingdom of Bahrain donated $150,000 directly to the Clinton Foundation, plus another $32 million to the Clinton Global Initiative, Hillary approved $630 million worth of direct arms sales to Bahrain's military, which included $700,000 for toxicological agents which were then used against the Gulf State's nation's own people, including women protestors demonstrating for women's rights.
Five Blackwater guards were indicted by a U.S. grand jury on manslaughter and weapons charges stemming from a 2007 incident in Baghdad in which 17 Iraqis died. There was a huge public outcry not to renew Blackwater's contract. A donation of $10,000 to $25,000 was reported in late 2008; the State Department awarded a contract with a Blackwater subsidiary shortly after Sec. Clinton took office.
Laureate International Universities
Between 2010 and 2014 while Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, Bill Clinton made $16.5 million for his role as honorary chancellor of Laureate Education, a for-profit college company which operates in 30 countries. The State Department funneled $55 million in grants during Hillary Clinton’s tenure to groups associated with Laureate’s founder. The International Youth Federation, an organization connected to Laureate chairman Douglas Becker, received USAID funding. Becker is a major donor to the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation. In her first year as Secretary of State, Hillary is quoted as directly asking that Laureate be included in a high-profile policy dinner — just months before the lucrative contract was given to Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton references in an email “Laureate Universities, started by Doug Becker who Bill likes a lot". “It’s a for-profit model that should be represented,” she wrote in the August 2009 email.
For-profit colleges have been criticized by education experts for low graduation rates and do little more than saddle students with insurmountable debt. In the case of Laureate, the scam has been spread to no less than 30 countries.
Raj Fernando was appointed a seat on the State Department's International Security Advisory Board with a $250,000 donation to the Clinton Foundation. Fernando has no known association with the U.S. Intelligence Community nor expertise in national security affairs. Fernando also served as a 2016 unelected Superdelegate for Hillary Clinton to the Democratic Convention.
Union Bank of Switzerland
UBS, one of the world's largest banks, was fined $780,000,000 in February 2009 in a U.S. Federal Court on charges it helped thousands of Americans evade taxes. The Department of Justice and the IRS were the lead agencies. After Sec. Clinton intervened, donations to the Clinton Foundation increased tenfold from $60,000 to $600,000. Additionally, Bill Clinton collected $1.5 million in speaking fees from UBS.
Saudi Arabia and the Clinton Foundation
By the end of the first decade of the 21st century the Clinton Foundation received millions from an organization known as the Friends of Saudi Arabia. With the theft of government records, and the admission Hillary scrubbed the server, the exact extent of a conflict of interest and other violations of law at present is unclear. 
As Sec. Clinton approved weapons transfers, both Saudi Arabia Boeing aircraft made donations to the Clinton Foundation. The Washington Post revealed that a Boeing lobbyist was also working as a fundraiser in the early stages of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
Boeing F15 fighters
Early in her tenure the $29.4 Billion sale and upgrades of Boeing F15 fighter aircraft was a 'top priority'. The Saudi air campaign in Yemen has been led by American-made F-15 fighter jets. According to the United Nations at least 2,800 civilians have been killed in airstrikes so far. Three facilities supported by Doctors Without Borders have been bombed.
The U.N. Secretary General has decried “intense airstrikes in residential areas and on civilian buildings in Sanaa, including the chamber of commerce, a wedding hall, and a center for the blind,” and has warned that reports of cluster bombs being used in populated areas “may amount to a war crime due to their indiscriminate nature.”
Hillary sent an email to Cheryl Mills on August 19, 2011 featuring the text of an article entitled Do You Suffer From Decision Fatigue?
The article was about how people in positions of power and influence can suffer from “decision fatigue” that causes them to be “low on mental energy” and prompts the sufferer to “become reckless” and “act impulsively”.
The article also explains how “decision fatigue” could explain why “ordinarily sensible people get angry at colleagues.” Hillary added, “Wow that is spooky descriptive."
Huma Abedin sent an email on January 4, 2013 about Hillary's "life threatening" Cerebral Venous Sinus Thombosis (CVST). CVST is the presence of acute thrombosis (a blood clot) in the dural venous sinuses, which drain blood from the brain. Symptoms may include headaches, seizures, abnormal vision and any of the symptoms of stroke, such as weakness of the face and limbs on one side of the body.
Cavernous sinus thrombosis is a very rare, life-threatening condition that can affect adults and children.
In cavernous sinus thrombosis, a blood clot blocks a vein that runs through a hollow space underneath the brain and behind the eye sockets. These veins carry blood from the face and head back to the heart. The cause of cavernous sinus thrombosis is usually an infection. But other factors may play a role.Cavernous sinus thrombosis is a serious condition. It causes death in up to 30% of cases.
Google and Benghazi
After the Benghazi attack, Hillary's State Department was in contact with Google. Hillary publicly claimed a controversial video was the source of a 'spontaneous' riot which proved to be a knowingly false statement. Google participated in the ruse by agreeing to block the video even after President Obama admitted it was a pre-planned terrorist attack. Copies of the email were forwarded to Denis McDonough, Cheryl Mills, Patrick F Kennedy, Jake Sullivan and John Brennan. The email also contains contact information for Google CEO Larry Page and YouTube CEO Salar Kamangar including their mobile and office phone numbers.
- Clinton Cash
- Hillary Rodham Clinton facts
- Hillary Rodham Clinton's net worth
- Bank of Credit and Commerce International
- New Clinton email cover-up: Hillary did not include crucial message to right hand aide which demanded her account stay secret in hand-over of 'all' her work-related emails, By Associated Press, 23 June 2016. dailymail.co.uk
- Klein, Aaron (September 13, 2017). Hillary Clinton Admits She Emailed Over 100 Government Employees from Private Server. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- How EmailGate Weakened America’s National Security, By John R. Schindler, The Observer, 06/01/16
- Chinese company pledged $2 million to Clinton Foundation in 2013, Julianna Goldman, CBS News, March 16, 2015
- The Clintons' War on Women, CHAPTER 23 CONFLICT OF INTEREST, by Roger Stone, Skyhorse Publishing, 2015, pp. 341-342.
- Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe Invited Chinese Donor to Hillary Clinton’s Home, Michael Scherer, TIME magazine, May 25, 2016
- Officials: Federal prosecutors investigating Virginia Gov. McAuliffe, By Matt Zapotosky, (Reuters), May 23, 2016. washingtonpost.com
- Clinton's emails from Blumenthal spark tension, By Josh Gerstein, Politico, 10/22/15. politico.com
- HillaryClinton.com spreading Obama=Muslim smears and other racism, DailyKos, Mar 14, 2008. dailykos.com
- Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’, Isabel Vincent, New York Post, 26 April 2015
- Board of Directors | Clinton Foundation, www.clintonfoundation.org
- UPDATE 1-Russia says eyes atomic energy cooperation with Syria, Reuters, May 11, 2010.
- Rosatom Risks: Exposing the troubled history of Russia’s state nuclear corporation, Greenpeace International, October 2014.
- Moscow’s American Uranium, By Matt Baker, 18th October 2013 - Politico. www.defenddemocracy.org
- Putin’s Power Play – How It Will Change the Uranium Sector, Casey Research, May 15, 2013
- Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal, By JO BECKER and MIKE McINTIRE, New York Times, APRIL 23, 2015. nytimes.com
- Top donors to Clinton foundation include Saudis, Blackwater, The Associated Press, Thursday, December 18, 2008, nydailynews.com
- U.S. extends Iraq contract for Blackwater firm, Iraqi News, Sep 3, 2009. www.iraqinews.com
- EXCLUSIVE: New deal for Blackwater, By Jim McElhatton - The Washington Times - Tuesday, March 17, 2009
- Hillary and Bill Clinton Made $139 Million in Eight Years, Richard Rubin & Jennifer Epstein, Bloomberg, July 31, 2015
- Douglas L. Becker, Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Laureate Education. International Youth Foundation. www.iyfnet.org
- Laureate, a for-profit education firm, finds international success (with a Clinton’s help), By Mina Kimes and Michael Smith. Washington Post, January 18, 2014
- The Clinton University Problem: Laureate Education Lawsuits Present Problem For Clintons [Updated] Jonathan Turley, June 8, 2016. jonathanturley.org
- Hillary’s emails reveal lucrative ties to for-profit colleges, Ana Kasparian, RawStory, 12 Mar 2016. www.rawstory.com
- Clinton Sought Invite for Laureate at State Dept. Dinner, Inside Higher Ed, September 2, 2015. insidehighered.com
- UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05763085
- ABC: Newly Released Emails Show Unqualified Clinton Foundation Donor Appointed to Sensitive Intelligence Board, Posted By Tim Hains, June 10, 2016. realclearpolitics.com
- UBS fined $780 million in tax evasion scandal, Investment News, February 19, 2009.
- Swiss bank's donations to Clinton Foundation increased after Hillary intervention in IRS dispute, FoxNews.com, July 30, 2015
- Clinton's foundation got millions from Saudis, Gates, CNN, December 18, 2008. Univision TV owner also gave millions.
- Gowdy: Hillary Clinton Wiped Server Between October & December 2014, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren, FOX News, 30 March 2015.
- How Hillary Clinton's email scandal took root, Robert O'Harrow Jr., Washington Post, 27 March 2016.
- For Hillary Clinton and Boeing, a beneficial relationship, By Rosalind S. Helderman, Washington Post, April 13, 2014.
- Yemen: civilian casualties top 8,100 as airstrikes and shelling continue, UN reports, 5 January 2016. un.org
- Emails Show Hillary Clinton Aides Celebrating F-15 Sales to Saudi Arabia: “Good News”, Lee Fang, The Intercept, Feb. 22 2016
- Human Rights Watch released a report providing new indications that Saudi Arabia has fired American-made cluster munitions, banned by international treaty, in civilian areas of Yemen. New Report of U.S.-Made Cluster Bomb Use by Saudis in Yemen, By RICK GLADSTONEFEB, New York Times, February 14, 2016
- UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2015-04841 Doc No. C05739829 STATE DEPT. wikileaks.org
- 12,173 declassified stolen Clinton emails recovered by State Department
- 30,322 stolen Clinton emails recovered by State Department under the FOIA
- Stolen Clinton emails recovered by Russian Television
- Declassified FBI criminal investigation documents