Homework Nine Answers - Student Three
1. Antitrust laws made things worse because monopolies may have had some reasons to do what they did. A monopoly sometimes developed from a company had the cheapest items.
- Good answer. ("from a company having the cheapest items")
2. Imperialism is good as long as you do not overuse it. Imperialism can help countries form and develop quicker. So yes, Christians can use Imperialism
3. The progressive movement did not do much for me. It may have helped improve our government somewhat but there was many things i did not agree with
- Good. You could have provided an example to explain your answer.
5. William Jennings Brian Gave the cross of Gold speech on July 8th 1896 at the National Democratic convention. Brian was pleading the case that silver should not be used as a standard currency. I think the speech had no meaning whatsoever because it did not matter if silver was going to be used as money.
- Bryan (note spelling) wanted silver to be included (in addition to gold) as a basis for money. (Minus 1). The remainder of your answer is fine, but note that paper money would still be used, it's just that the paper money could be traded in for silver if silver were added to gold as the basis for the money.
6. The Swine Flu is a perfect example of Yellow Journalism because everyone was running to the doctor to get a vaccine, the hospitals ran out of the vaccines so not everyone got one and it turned out to be nothing at all.
- Excellent example.
7. Grover Cleveland was the Conservative Democrat. Even though his views were democratic he made a lot of conservative decisions, such as his support for the free enterprise and his decision to not relieve the bank in the Panic of 1889.
H1. I completely and 100 percent agree with the US. finally ending the fighting there because the “war” was a complete waste of time and lives.
H2. Debate: It was not the Gilded Age, it was the Golden Age. I do not agree with that statement because in the Gilded age there was way to much power that was given to men with wealth and the middle class people got almost no money, no land and they worked about ten times harder than they got paid for.
- Not sure I agree with your answer, but you explain your position well. Full credit. (note "to much" should be "too much")
H5. John D. Rockefeller was one of the wealthiest men in history. While he was not the kindest man ever, there is something to be said about his work ethic. he Almost never stopped working, he was not quick to make decisions and he used his money for helpful things.
- Grade: 89/90. Superb!--Andy Schlafly 23:33, 16 April 2011 (EDT)