|!||This article has an inadequate number of citations.
You are encouraged to add sources for verifiability, but please abide by The Conservapedia Commandments & Style Guide.
IP cameras can be used to record a sporting event or to maintain surveillance of a location. Typically, the camera operator places the camera and then leaves the camera's location.
IP cameras are trivial to install. The IP cameras are connected to a network, usually with Ethernet cable or a wireless connection, and a source of power. Once they have been powered on and connected, client software or a web browser can be used to see and hear the camera's output as well as control any additional features such as zoom, panning, email alerts, etc.
- Audio Reception is included with most cameras above entry-level, to record sound as well as images.
- Night Vision, be it infrared or other, is offered on some models. This is an enormous advantage over anyone outside in the dark.
- Panning greatly increases a cameras effective field of view, but it can also alert near-by individuals to the camera's presence if it is noisy.
- Two-way Audio includes a speaker on the camera to allow communication with the camera's location. Most surveillance tasks do not require this, but it is a worthwhile consideration.
- Zooming changes the focal length of the camera for viewing details.
Most IP camera have some form of web server and several other types of servers as well. The features of these cameras will give you different abilities in controlling the camera or know what is going on with it even when you are not looking at it.
- Email Alerts can be broadcast by many cameras, these can be triggered by sounds, motion, light, or any other of a range of inputs. This email can be sent to either an email account or as a text message through a service provider's email-text gateway, i.e. Verizon customers can be sent text messages via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Web Servers are a part of nearly all cameras. These will provide you with a console to watch and listen to the camera's output, control its features, configure it, and more...
The extensive use of IP cameras is a major issues for privacy. Many citizens have concerns with the fact that countless IP cameras and other surveillance cameras have been install in every major intersection of big cities and in innumerable other public places.
In the modern era, rather than a sentry, the IP camera has become almost indispensable to all modern "fortification" and security from banks, to government and business offices to home security and even defense landscaping for survivalist retreats. A fortified and secure location is nearly indefensible without some sort of IP cameras.
- IP Camera list on Amazon.com
- Zmodo Camera
- Sricam Camera
- TriVision Bullet HD 720p Outdoor Weatherproof IP Home Security Camera System, Wireless N, High Definition 1280 x 720 pixel, Built-in DVR Expandable to 64Gb, Free Plug and View App on iPhone, iPad, Android Smart phone