Instances of Richard Dawkins ducking debates
Atheist and evolutionist Richard Dawkins has developed a reputation for ducking debates with strong debate opponents. On May 14, 2011, the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph published a news story entitled Richard Dawkins accused of cowardice for refusing to debate existence of God. In The Daily Telegraph article Dr. Daniel Came, a member of the Faculty of Philosophy at Oxford University was quoted as writing to fellow atheist Richard Dawkins concerning his refusal to debate Dr. William Lane Craig, "The absence of a debate with the foremost apologist for Christian theism is a glaring omission on your CV and is of course apt to be interpreted as cowardice on your part." In October of 2011, Dr. Craig went to England and the Daily Telegraph declared that Dawkins is either a fool or a coward for his refusal to debate William Lane Craig plus declared that Dawkins is a "proud man" and a "coward" who puts on an "illiterate, angry schtick" for the public. In addition, Christian apologist Ken Ammi called Dawkins a "cowardly clown" for his refusal to debate Creation Ministries International at the 2010 Global Atheist Convention.
Below are some resources relating to Dawkins refusal to debate various debate opponents:
- Richard Dawkins and Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (Denied debating him after losing video taped debate, refuses to debate another time)
In addition, respected biochemist and intelligent design researcher Dr Michael Behe has openly challenged prominent evolutionists and proponents of Darwinism to debate him regarding the many failings of evolutionism, yet Richard Dawkins - one of the most outspoken Darwinists today - has declined all such invitations. Dawkins has also refused to debate prominent creationist and evangelist Ray Comfort.
- Richard Dawkins' cult of personality
- Richard Dawkins' debate with Giles Fraser
- Atheism and cowardice
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Creation scientists tend to win the creation vs. evolution debates
- Atheism debates
- Essay: Does Richard Dawkins have machismo? - satire
- Richard Dawkins in his native habitat - satire
- This year's best atheist debaters - satire
- Send in the Clowns – Richard Dawkins Obliges
- Richard Dawkins, the Cowardly Clown
- Will William Lane Craig debate Richard Dawkins?
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8511931/Richard-Dawkins-accused-of-cowardice-for-refusing-to-debate-existence-of-God.html
- ↑ Richard Dawkins accused of cowardice for refusing to debate existence of God, The Daily Telegraph, May 14, 2011
- ↑ Richard Dawkins is either a fool or a coward for refusing to debate William Lane Craig - October 21, 2011 - The Daily Telegraph
- ↑ Richard Dawkins, the Cowardly Clown