Investment, in a financial sense, is something that one puts money into in hopes of receiving a profit or gain. In an economic sense, an investment is something purchased that is not a consumer good, but is used for production of other goods and services. A type of financial investment is the purchase of a security, such as a stock or bond. Economic investments can be physical, such as machinery for a factory, or intangible, such as investing in job training to create human capital.
An investment is an object, mechanism, or system which is purchased with money or into which money is placed with the goal or receiving something greater in return.
Common Financial Investments
- Certificate of deposit or Money market
- Individual retirement account or IRA, 401K, 403B
- Stock market securities and mutual funds
- "The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt." - Henry Ford
- Economic collapse: Inflation, Agflation, Deflation, Stagflation, Hyperinflation, Panic of 1907, Panic of 1893, Panic of 1837, Eurozone Crisis
- Stock market crash (Stock market crash of 1929) leading to Bank runs and Great Depression (Economic depression)
- Economic bubbles: The Coming Derivatives bubble, Real estate bubble (Subprime loans, Bailout, Obama administration corporate bailouts), Dot com bubble (Tulip mania)
- Financial Crisis of 2008 leading to Recession of 2008 (Recession), Economic stimulus, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Recovery Summer 2010
- Obamanomics: Obamunism Economic planning of the Obama administration fiscal policy, Obama administration monetary policy, Obamacare, Federal funding via Crony capitalism (Obama donor list), Deficit spending, Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism, Obamageddon
- National debt: Federal Reserve System's Ponzi scheme of Quantitative easing-Debt monetization devaluation of Fiat currency through Money supply-Treasury bills bought mostly by China and Japan
- Ludwig von Mises' conservative libertarian Austrian economics and Fiscal conservatism -Capitalist Conservative economic policies of Ron Paul