Islamic State (IS) (also known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) or 'Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant' (ISIL), as referred by Barack Obama or 'Daesh', as referred by John Kerry), is a terrorist organization that operates in Iraq and Syria. Founded by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, it grew out of al Qaeda in Iraq. It was founded during the Operation Iraqi Freedom of 2003. Its current leader is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. IS currently fights non-Muslims, Shiite Muslims, the Iraqi Army and Kurdish Peshmerga troops. The goal of IS is to construct an Islamic Caliphate in Syria and Iraq.
Ramzan Kadyrov, (Chechnya), 38, said the U.S. secretly controls the Islamic State.  Documents obtained by a FOIA request of Judicial Watch show as early as 2012, U.S. intelligence predicted the rise of the Islamic State and the report envisions the terror group as a U.S. strategic asset in the fight against Bashar al-Assad.  VP Joe Biden admitted in 2014 that Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar and Turkey had funneled hundreds of millions of dollars to Islamist rebels in Syria. Biden was forced to retract that statement.  The U.S. did precisely the same thing in terms of supplying and facilitating the Syrian opposition. Obama had requested $500 million to train fighters opposed to ISIS. In August, the Pentagon announced it would defend those forces from attacks by the Syrian government. 
Turkey's president Erdogan has good relations with Barack Obama and they both support Assad's ouster from Syria. Turkey is a major transit point for both foreign fighters and weapons, which makes both presidents complicit in the failure to stop fighters from joining ISIS ranks.
Syria and Iraq
In 2014 IS took control of the Iraqi cities of Fallujah and Mosul. Since then Christians in Mosul have to pay "Protection taxes" for their faith. In 2015 IS defeated Iraqi troops and seized the city of Ramadi. IS now controls all the border areas between Syria and Iraqi.
Turkish jets scrambled as tanks and artillery of its Fifth Armored Brigade shelled ISIS militants across the border in response to a suicide bombing in Turkey that killed 32 people. 
Islamic State fighters fired on a Turkish border outpost in the Kilis region, killing one Turkish soldier and wounding five.
Assassination of a government official has been linked to ISIS. The Sinai Provine, an ISIS affiliated terrorist group, launched dozens of simultaneous attacks on North Sinai. Egyptian military announced 17 soldiers and 100 militants were killed in fighting.  Israel has closed its border with Egypt in response to the developments.
Islamic State claims responsibility for a missile attack on an Egyptian warship. 
On October 31st, 2015, Russian airline Metrojet left an Egyptian airport and blew up in flight killing 224 people. ISIS has claimed responsibility for placing a bomb onboard. 
Islamic State suicide bomber kills 21 at Saudi Shi'ite mosque. 
On May 29, another suicide bomber killed 4 people in a Shiite mosque attack.
August 6, suicide bomber kills 15 at a mosque in the headquarters of the Special Emergency Force in Abha.
Islamic State suicide bomber strikes a Shiite mosque injuring 13 people. Also in May 2015, IS forces executed 15 Yemeni soldiers by beheading. 
ISIS has claimed responsibility for an apparent bomb blast at the Shiite-affiliated Al-Sadiq mosque on June 26th, 2015.
Gunmen killed at least 27 people at a beachfront Tunisian hotel on June 26th, 2015
Many adherents to ISIS, with little or no formal training, act on behalf of the group outside of the region where the fighting is taking place.
December 2014, 18 hostages were held at The Martin Place Lindt café in Sydney by Man Haron Monis. Two hostages and the gunman were killed in a raid by Australian security forces.
Amedy Coulibaly attacked a kosher supermarket in Paris that killed a policewoman and four shoppers.
Islamic terrorism at Charlie Hebdo was an Al Qaeda affiliate attack with the full support of ISIS.
June 26, 2015, One person has been beheaded and two people injured in a terrorist attack at a U.S.-owned gas factory near Lyon.
November 13, 2015, multiple attacks left 100 people dead in terrorist attack at Porte Ouverte in Paris.
In January 2015, two suspects died a the shootout with police. The raid turned up four Kalashnikovs, handguns, bomb-making materials and police uniforms. 
In May 2015, two suspects were killed by security guards as they went to attack Draw Muhammad Cartoon event in Garland, Texas hosted by Pamela Geller.
July 2015, ISIS militant attacks U.S. military base in Chattanooga, TN. 4 service members were killed. 
- Putin Points Muslim Rage at Cold War Foes.
- EXPOSED: 2012 Defense Dept. Documents Reveal Obama Regime Sought To Create An “Islamic State” In Syria And Iraq, PatDollard.com, May 22, 2015
- Joe Biden forced to apologise to UAE and Turkey over Syria remarks, Telegraph.uk, October 6, 2014
- [http://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-to-defend-new-syria-force-from-assad-regime-others-1438549937 U.S. to Defend New Syria Force From Assad Regime, WSJ, Augist 2, 2015]
- U.S. Jets to Use Turkish Bases in War on ISIS, NYT, July 23, 2015
- Gaddafi's home town falls to Islamic State in anarchic Libya, Reuters, May 21, 2015
- Egypt Officially Announces ‘State Of War’ EgyptianStreets.com, July 1, 2015
- WARSHIP BURNS AS ISLAMIC STATE LAUNCHES MISSILE ATTACK ON EGYPTIAN NAVY, Breitbart, July 16, 2015
- Russian plane crash: Bomb theory supported by ISIS chatter, officials say, CNN, November 9, 2015
- ISIS Claims Responsibility for Blast at Italian Consulate in Cairo, NYT, July 11, 2015
- Suicide bomber kills 21 at Saudi Shi'ite mosque, Islamic State claims attack, Reuters, May 23, 2015
- Islamic State beheads, shoots 15 Yemeni soldiers, The Long War Journal, May 1, 2015
- Source: Belgium terror cell has links to ISIS, some members still at large, CNN.com, January 16,2015
- WeaselZippers, July 16, 2015