J-1 visa

From Conservapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The J-1 visa program is used by hospitals to bring in low-cost foreign doctors. This visa program also allows foreign students to obtain their medical degrees in the United States. Under the J visa (unlike the F visa), the spouse of the J-1 is allowed to work in the United States in a limited capacity. Dependents are also granted visa status.

This website contains the specific requirements: http://www.usvisanews.com/j1info.shtml