|U.S. Representative from Illinois's 8th District|
From: January 3, 2011-January 3, 2013
Walsh was elected to the United States House of Representatives on November 2, 2010 in Illinois's 8th congressional district, defeating Democratic incumbent Melissa Bean by 291 votes in a surprising upset. After his district was gerrymandered by the Democrats in control of the Illinois state government, Walsh lost his re-election bid in 2012 to liberal Democrat Tammy Duckworth.
- Sroka, Diana (November 11, 2010). Breaking down how Joe Walsh turned tide vs. Melissa Bean. Northwest Herald. Retrieved on February 28, 2014.
- Sweet, Lynn. "Re. Joe Walsh, Tea Party leader gets boost from Club for Growth", Chicago Sun-Times, July 27, 2011. Retrieved on August 16, 2011.
- Lynne Sweet. "Illinois Republican House incumbents sue state over Democratic remap", Chicago Sun-Times, July 27, 2011. Retrieved on September 7, 2011.
- "Duckworth defeats Walsh in congressional contest", November 7, 2012. Retrieved on November 7, 2012.
- "Former Rep. Joe Walsh to Host Radio Show", Northwest Herald, March 15, 2013. Retrieved on November 9, 2015.
- The Joe Walsh Show. walshfreedom.com. Retrieved on July 27, 2016.
- This Former Congressman Stated He’d Run For President In 2020 If Hillary Clinton Wins Future Female Leaders. Retrieved August 27, 2016.