Dr. John Hartnett (b. 24th March 1952) is a young earth creationist physicist who has done extensive work on discovering flaws in Big Bang theory, the theory of relativity, and experimental quantum cosmology.
Hartnett's qualifications are a B.Sc. (hons) and a Ph.D. with distinction, from the Department of Physics at the University of Western Australia. He holds the rank of Associate Professor. He works as a Principal Research Fellow with the Frequency Standards and Metrology (FSM) research group in that department. Hartnett has authored more than 80 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals and holds two patents.
He has criticized the lack of accounting for the numerous parameters, the miscounting of cosmic numbers, and the fix-all "explanation" known as dark matter and dark energy. He joked that the fad of dark matter and dark energy in physics has led to some dim theories.
John Hartnett has never been afraid to show his faith in a scientific setting and avers that the atheistic approach to science has led the pursuit of knowledge down many false paths.
John Hartnett is a creationist cosmologist who has worked with the general theory of relativity in theorizing a case for his young-earth cosmology. The approach involves solving Einstein's field equations using different boundary conditions. According to Moshe Carmeli, Professor of Theoretical Physics at Ben Gurion University in Beer Sheva, Israel, Hartnett in his theory demonstarted that there is no need to reckon with the existence of the dark matter in the universe. It has been also declared that his cosmological model explains the possibility for starlight to reach the Earth within the short time frame as measured by earth clocks.
- ↑ Dismantling the Big Bang: God's Universe Rediscovered, Alex Williams, John Hartnett - 2005 - Science
- ↑ Hartnett's university home page.
- ↑ Hartnett, John, "Cosmologists Can’t Agree and Are Still In Doubt!", Journal of Creation 16(3):21–26, December 2002. HTML PDF.
- ↑ Vardiman, Larry. Has Einstein's Limit on the Speed of Light Been Broken?. the Institute for Creation Research.
- ↑ Should there be a distinctive young Universe cosmology?. Perspectives on Science and Christian faith. 56. American Scientific Affiliation. 2004. http://books.google.com/books?ei=m63KTrLxG4GgOonygOYP&ct=result&id=XY_XAAAAMAAJ&dq=John+Hartnett+cosmology&q=John+Hartnett#search_anchor.
- ↑ Moshe Carmeli. Ben Gurion University.
- ↑ Carmeli, Moshe (2006). Cosmological relativity: the special and general theories of the structure. Danvers, MA, USA: World Scientific Publishng Co.. ISBN 981-270-075-7. “It was shown by Dr. John G. Hartnett that there is no need to assume the existence of dark matter in the universe.”
- ↑ Hartnett, John (2007). Starlight, Time and the New Physics. Creation Ministries International. ISBN 978-0-949-906687. “'Dark Matter' -today's 'fudge' factor; Technical Appendices: App.1: The large scale structure of the universe does not need 'dark' matter or 'dark' energy; App.6: Light-travel-time problem solved”
- ↑ Garner, Paul (2009). New Creationism. Evangelical Press.
- ↑ Carlson, Eric (2010). Decoding Spacetime. ISBN 978-1-4535-9258-8.