Jon Huntsman, Jr.
|Jon Huntsman, Jr.|
|United States Ambassador to China|
From: August 11, 2009-April 30, 2011
|President||Barack Hussein Obama|
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|16th Governor of Utah|
From: January 3, 2005 – August 11, 2009
|Former United States Ambassador to Singapore|
|President||George H.W. Bush|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Kaye Huntsman|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Jon Meade Huntsman, Jr. is an American businessman, diplomat and politician who served as Governor of Utah . He sought the Republican nomination for president in 2012, but withdrew from the race before the South Carolina primaries.  The libertarian Cato Institute has praised his tax policies, but criticized his spending.
He supported civil unions for homosexuals and now supports same-sex "marriage". He claims to be pro-life. He has stated his belief in both Darwinism and man-made global warming saying (sic) "I believe scientists on evolution and global warming. Call me crazy."
However, in the economic sphere, he appears to be slightly more conservative, as he fully supported Paul Ryan's budget and would repeal ethanol subsidies, a failed liberal faux-environmentalist program.
In the 2012 Republican primary race for president, Huntsman attracted almost no support besides the media, pulled out quickly, and then endorsed Romney.
Huntsman is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and is currently married to Mary Huntsman. They have seven children (two of them adopted). He is a fan of Nirvana and was once in a band during his youth. His father, Jon Huntsman, Sr. is an industrial magnate.
Huntsman seeks to enact national education reform that would promote more choice and would initiate merit based pay. He advocates a continuation of US military supremacy which he wants to accomplish through a modern fighting force. His fiscally conservative jobs plan made the Utah the #1 state in job creation during his tenure. Huntsman claims to be pro-life and opposed to gun control.
- RINO (stance on same-sex "marriage" and environmental policy, as well as coziness towards progressives like Obama and snideness towards conservatives)
- Gary Locke
- ↑ http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2071003,00.html
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-624.pdf
- ↑ http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/51795519-90/civil-cowan-gay-governor.html.csp
- ↑ http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/marriage-equality-is-a-conservative-cause485/
- ↑ http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/03/jon-huntsman-touts-pro-life-record-at-faith-and-freedom-coalition-conference/
- ↑ http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/177429-huntsman-call-me-crazy-i-believe-in-evolution-global-warming
- ↑ http://www.ontheissues.org/Jon_Huntsman.htm