Joshua Muravchik is a neoconservative scholar at the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research. He holds a B.A. from the City College of New York and a Ph.D. in international relations from Georgetown University. He was a National Chairman of the Young People's Socialist League during his youth.
In an article titled "Bomb Iran" which ran in the in LA Times in November 2006, Muravchik argued that the U.S. should bomb Iran's nuclear facilities without delay, or possibly in 2008.
Books and Articles
- The Senate and National Security (Washington Papers, Vol Viii, No 80), Rowman and Littlefield, 1980, paperback, ISBN 0-8191-6024-5
- The Uncertain Crusade: Jimmy Carter and the Dilemmas of Human Rights Policy Hamilton Press, 1986, hardcover, ISBN 0-8447-3648-1
- News Coverage of the Sandinista Revolution, Rowman & Littlefield, 1988, paperback, ISBN 0-8447-3662-7
- Exporting Democracy: Fulfilling America's Destiny, AEI Press, 1991, hardcover, ISBN 0-8447-3733-X
- Democracy in the Middle East: Defining the Challenge, Washington Institute For Near East Policy, 1993, paperback, ISBN 0-944029-53-1
- Imperative of American Leadership: A Challenge to Neo-Isolationism, AEI Press, 1996, hardcover, 261 pages, ISBN 0-8447-3958-8
- Heaven on Earth: The Rise and Fall of Socialism, Encounter Books, 2002, hardcover, 417 pages, ISBN 1-893554-45-7
- Covering the Intifada: How the Media Reported the Palestinian Uprising, Washington Institute For Near East Policy, July, 2003, hardcover, ISBN 0-944029-85-X
- Bomb Iran, The Los Angeles Times, November 19, 2006.
- Can the Neocons Get Their Groove Back?, The Washington Post, November 19, 2006.
- Covering the Intifada: How the Media Reported the Palestinian Uprising, Washington Institute for Near East Policy, 2003 ISBN 0-944029-85-X
- The Neoconservative Cabal, Commentary magazine, September, 2003.
- The Mind of George Soros, Commentary magazine, March 2004.
- The Case Against the UN, Commentary magazine, November 2004.
- Why the Democrats Keep Losing, Commentary magazine, January 2005.
- Comrades, Commentary magazine, January 2006.
- The Arab Temptation, Commentary magazine, October 2006.
- Borat!, Commentary magazine, February 2007.
- Our Worst Ex-President, Commentary magazine, February 2007.