Julian Assange (1971 - ) is an Australian hacker and activist, best known as the founder of the controversial liberal website Wikileaks, a repository of leaked government documents. Assange actively tries to undermine various western governments, especially that of the United States, by releasing classified material via his website. He studied physics and mathematics at the University of Melbourne. He wrote Strobe, the first free and open-source port scanner, and contributed to the book Underground: Tales of Hacking, Madness and Obsession on the Electronic Frontier.
Prior to WikiLeaks, Assange was involved with an organization of computer hackers and was arrested for his involvement with the group in 1991. After the arrest, he became an independent programmer. Most of the software he produced was designed to keep whistleblowers and dissidents anonymous.
As of November 18, 2010, there is a warrant out for his arrest in Sweden. Assange was previously investigated for rape, but the charges were ultimately dropped. However, there is an international warrant for Assange, as he is wanted for questioning in Sweden in relation to a rape investigation. On June 19, 2012, Ricardo Patiño, the Ecuadorian foreign minister, announced that Assange had applied for political asylum and that the Ecuadorian government was analysing his request. At that time, Assange was in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. On August 16, Patiño announced that the Ecuadorian government was granting Assange political asylum. It is not clear how, if ever, Assange will be able to leave the Ecuadorian Embassy grounds.
His anarchistic hope is that faith in government will decline and individuals will take on more personal responsibilities for their lives. It is not clear how exposing classified documents of democratic countries will encourage people to become more responsible for their lives. He also implied in a piece for the guardian newspaper that his sympathies lay towards Latin American liberation struggles, and that he grew up believing in Marxism-Leninism. Assange is a admirer of Rand Paul.
Assange has a 20-year-old son in Australia.
- Perpetual War on Drugs - War on Terror and the Police state
- Wikileaks and Julian Assange - Australian leftist hacker
- Bradley Manning - Homosexual Traitor of State secrets
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Youtube, Yahoo
- NSA and other intelligence mass surveillance: PRISM.
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Asset forfeiture
- Wiretap - Roving wiretap
- Drug trafficking of the Drug cartels, Gangs, Drug dealers
- Public school values entitlement mentality Indoctrination of the Teacup Generation by Public schools in the United States and Common Core
- Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
- Nazism and socialism: National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police state liberals not conservatives
- Big government ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- Liberal totalitarianism
- Unalienable rights of the Bill of Rights: First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment
- Right to Privacy and Common law privacy rights
- Conservative values and Libertarian American values of Limited government and liberty
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Encryption: Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Data encryption-Public-key encryption
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Open source Free software not Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Tails operating system and Tor browser
- Duck Duck Go search engine instead of Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Hologram of Liberty - The Constitution's Shocking Alliance With Big Government by Boston T. Party a.k.a.Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Edward J. Snowden
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/02/12/amrd-t-a-i-l-s-plastic-gloves-for-your-computer-american-redoubt - Tails operating system
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/01/29/amrd-introducing-the-tor-browser-bundle/ - Tor browser
- https://prism-break.org/en - "Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora."
- https://www.eff.org - "Leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program"
- Online Guide to Privacy Resources
- http://www.nocards.org - Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
- ↑ http://www.ted.com/speakers/julian_assange.html
- ↑ "Julian Assange pide asilo político en embajada de Ecuador en Londres", El Comercio. Retrieved on September 17, 2012. (es)
- ↑ Hough, Andrew. "Julian Assange: WikiLeaks founder seeks political asylum from Ecuador", Daily Telegraph, 19 June 2012.
- ↑ Declaración del Gobierno de la República del Ecuador sobre la solicitud de asilo de Julian Assange (Spanish)
- ↑ http://pubrecord.org/world/8634/thoughts-about-julian-assange-wikileaks/
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/09/cryptography-weapon-fight-empire-states-julian-assange%23start-of-comments
- ↑ http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/07/10/Assange-Snowden-Greenwald-Strangely-Silent-On-Ecuador-s-Sweeping-New-Media-Laws
- ↑ http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/19/julian-assange-loves-rand-paul-and-his-very-principled-positions.html
- ↑ Sarah Palin: hunt WikiLeaks founder like al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders. Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved on September 17, 2012.
- ↑ US embassy cables culprit should be executed, says Mike Huckabee, The Guardian, December 1, 2010, Haroon Sidiqqui. "Mike Huckabee said, 'Whoever in our government leaked that information is guilty of treason, and I think anything less than execution is too kind a penalty'"
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical. We all have a right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services."
- ↑ "Organization formed in 1990 to maintain and enhance intellectual freedom, privacy, and other values of civil liberties and democracy in networked communications. Publishes newsletters, Internet Guidebooks and other documents, provides mailing lists and other online forums, and hosts a large electronic document archive. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. 454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA 94110-1914. Tel: (415) 436-9333. Fax: (415) 436-9993. Executive Director: Sheryl Steele."
- ↑ "EPIC was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging privacy issues relating to the National Information Infrastructure, such as the Clipper Chip, the Digital Telephony proposal, medical records privacy and the sale of consumer data. EPIC conducts litigation, sponsors conferences, produces reports, publishes the EPIC Alert and leads campaigns on privacy issues. For more information email: email@example.com, or contact EPIC, 1718 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009. Tel: (202) 483-1140. Executive Director: Marc Rotenberg."
- ↑ "CAUCE is an all volunteer, entirely web-based organization, created by Netizens to advocate for a legislative solution to the problem of UCE (spam). CAUCE began as a discussion group called SPAM-LAW, formed of members who felt that legislation was necessary to stop spam from choking the life out of the Internet. In 1997 CAUCE proposed an amendment to the Federal statute which outlaws junk "faxes" (47 USC 227) to also prohibit junk e-mail, and since then has remained a pre-eminent voice in the anti-spam community. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. President: Edward Cherlin."