(Redirected from July 4th Tea Party
Independence Day tea parties were the second round of over 2000 tax protests scheduled in all 50 states on July 4th, 2009, as part of the Tea Party Movement. This was the follow-up tax protest to the widely successful, grassroots Tax Day Tea Party that attracted hundreds of thousands of protesters nationwide.
The largest Tea Party held to date was the Dallas Tea Party, held July 4, 2009 at Southfork Ranch in Plano, Texas, which drew 37,000 attendees.
One sponsor, American Family Association says "Our goal is simply to keep the grassroots organizations mobilized." AFA has created
TEA (Taxed Enough Already). Their protests will be held July 4th at 12 p.m. in front of city halls across the nation. 
The TEA website asks,
Are you fed up with a Congress and a president who:
- vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?
- are spending trillions of borrowed dollars, leaving a debt our great-*grandchildren will be paying?
- consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?
- want to take your wealth and redistribute it to others?
- punish those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?
- admit to using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?
- run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
- want government-controlled health care?
- want to take away the right to vote with a secret ballot in union elections?
- refuse to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country?
- appoint a defender of child pornography to the No. 2 position in the Justice Department?
- want to force doctors and other medical workers to perform abortions against their will?
- want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity, gas and home-heating fuels?
- want to reduce your tax deductibility for charitable gifts?
- take money from your family budget to pay their federal budget?
Links To Events
A Google mashup project by Freedom Works lists Independence Day TEA parties. 
- ↑ http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=103126
- ↑ America's Tea Party Official Press Release, July 6, 2009.
- ↑ Independence Day tea parties in 350 cities WND, April 22, 2009
- ↑ Independence Day tea parties Map Freedom Works