Katrina Kaif (Kashmiri: क़त्रीना कैफ़ (Devanagari), قطرینہ کیف (Nastaleeq)) (born 16 July 1984) is an Indian actress and former model who appears in Bollywood films. Kaif was born to an Indian Kashmiri father, Mohammed Kaif, and an English mother, Suzanne Turquotte.
- Cine blitz, Volume 29, Issue 2. Blitz Publications. Retrieved on 2007–03–25. “Katrina Kaif is my real name. Kaif is my father's surname, he is Kashmiri," she bristled. "When I joined films I decided to take his surname, since I felt people would be able to associate better with an Indian surname.”
- Parvéz Dewân's Jammû, Kashmîr, and Ladâkh: Kashmîr. Manas Publications. Retrieved on 2007–03–25. “Today if a person has even a drop of Kashmiri blood in his veins he proclaims it proudly. From novelist Salman Rushdie to writer MJ Akbar and actress-fashion model Katrina Kaif, people everywhere are celebrating their Kashmiri roots.”
- India today, Volume 27. Thomson Living Media India Ltd.. Retrieved on 2007–03–25. “Half-Kashmiri. half-Brit. Kaif is one of three leading ladies (besides Madhu Sapre and Salman Rushdie's muse Padma ...”
- Cine blitz, Volume 29, Issue 2. Blitz Publications. Retrieved on 2007–03–25. “He has claimed that he was inspired to odd Kaif to her first name Katrina, while watching the world cup cricket match! "Katrina Kaif is my real name. Kaif is my father's surname, he is Kashmiri."”
- Katrina misses her dad badly. Oneindia. Retrieved on 2009-11-02.