Kevin Jennings is the founder and was the first Executive Director of the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) that aims at performing the LGBTI gleichschaltung in US schools under the banner of "safe school" program. He was appointed to lead this effort devoted to normalizing the same-sex attractions in the minds of children at the Department of Education by president Obama. While he was a teacher, he failed to report to authorities that a 15 year old student told him of a sexual relationship with an older man. Instead, Jennings apparently encouraged the boy to use a condom.
- he praised Harry Hay of the North American Association for Man-Boy Love Association 
Jennings has written several books, including the history textbook Becoming Visible: A Reader in Gay and Lesbian History for High School and College Students. His 1994 book One Teacher in Ten, a collection of essays by gay and lesbian educators, was re-issued in a second edition in 2005.
- GLSEN Mission Statement. Retrieved on 31 October 2015.
- Rena M. Lindevaldsen (2011). Safe Schools Czar Advocated ‘Queering Elementary Education’37102017 The Lisa Miller Story: Only One Mommy: A Woman's Battle for Her Life, Her Daughter, and Her Freedom. New Revolution Publishers, 88-89. ISBN 978-1-937102-01-2.
- Fred Lucas (27 October 2009). Obama’s Safe Schools Czar Advocated ‘Queering Elementary Education’. CNSNews.com. Retrieved on 31 October 2015. ““As the founder of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), Mr. Jennings has played an integral role in promoting homosexuality and pushing a pro-homosexual agenda in America's schools--an agenda that runs counter to the values that many parents desire to instill in their children,” the letter said.”
- NAMBLA Pedophiles For Obama (Safe Schools Czar Kevin Jennings NAMBLA member).
- Bob Unruh (10/02/2009). 'Safe Schools' Chief Praised Child-Sex Promoter: Jennings: I was 'inspired' by NAMBLA's Harry Hay.
- Obama Appointee Lauded NAMBLA Figure.