A knife consists of a sharpened blade attached to a handle that can be used either as a tool or a weapon. The blade of a knife can be made from many different types of materials such as metal, plastic, stone, bone, wood, or ceramic.
Knives have been in use throughout human history. The earliest knives were made of flint and used for tasks such as killing and butchering prey, ritual sacrifice, and also for defensive and aggressive combat purposes.
Over the years, countless types of knives have been designed. Some examples include the bread knife, boning knife, carving knife, Bowie knife, pocket knife, scalpel, utility knife, and the razor.
- Everyday carry and Bug-out bag
- Constitutional carry
- Hunting with:
- List of military strategies and concepts
- Invest in tangibles: Tools - Knives
- The Guardian on [[United Kingdom post gun control knife crime]
- Rawles, James Wesley, Tools for Survival: What You Need to Survive When You’re on Your Own, Plume/Penguin Books, 2015. Released December 30, 2014, 368 pages, ISBN-10: 0452298121, ISBN-13: 978-0452298125, Reviews, Audible.com Audio book, Amazon.com Paperback
- Search for Knife on Duck Duck Go Privacy search engine
- Search for Knife on Amazon.com
- Tools for Survival on Amazon.com
- All-American Tool Manufacturers article on The Survival Blog - See Made in USA Tool Manufacturers
- List of Tools
- Tool Chest Needs of the Survivalist
- Hand Wood Splitting Tools - The Survival Blog
- The Guardian Post-Gun control knife crime in United Kingdom
- Hall of Fame EDC Knives by Nutnfancy