Liberal Amnesia the act of playing dumb, willfully misleading others regarding key information and events. The liberal then denies any claims and pleads innocent.
- Nancy Pelosi claims she was not told by the CIA about enhanced interrogations of terror suspects. Yet her claims have been challenged as false by the very people she was briefed with. 
- 111 Democrats voted for the Iraq war. According to Democrats, it is George Bush's war.
- Barney Frank said that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were financially sound. When those organizations collapsed, Barney said don't blame him, blame Bush.
- While Carol Browner was the head of the EPA for Clinton, a court order was issued not to destroy documents for the Freedom of Information Act. She destroyed sensitive documents and claimed she never got the memo. A federal judge ruled two years later that the agency violated law.
- The Politics of Liberal Amnesia Wall Street Journal, April 28, 2009