Liberal euphemisms are an attempt to use politically correct terminology in place of more accurate descriptions. By using euphemisms favorable to their worldview, liberals are able to steer an argument or debate in their favor, even when they advocate for what would otherwise be an unpopular or indefensible position.
- Left-wingers frequently refer to themselves as "liberals" or "progressives", and they avoid the less pleasant but more accurate terms of "socialist" or "leftist"
- The terms "abortion", "euthanasia", and "assisted suicide" are all euphemisms for murder, the immoral taking of a human life.
- "Pro-choice" is a euphemism for "pro-abortion" or even "pro-murder"
- "Reproductive rights" and "women's healthcare" are euphemisms for "abortion"
- "Gay" is a euphemism for "homosexual"
- "Transgender" is a euphemism for "gender confusion"
- "Undocumented immigrant" is a euphemism for "illegal alien"
- Leftists frequently use the term "pro-immigrant" as a euphemism for supporting mass migration and open borders
- "Immigration reform" is a vague euphemism leftists use for "amnesty for illegal aliens" along opening the doors to legal mass migration
- The terms "gun reform" and "school safety", among other similar terms, are euphemisms for gun control and even gun confiscation through weapons bans
- "Corporate social responsibility" is a euphemism for liberal corporate tyranny and political power
- "Progress" is a euphemism for creeping socialism
- Liberal labels
- Liberal propaganda
- Liberal creep
- Liberal bias
- Liberal slander
- Liberal name-calling
- Liberal Style
- Secularized Language
- Virgil (March 31, 2018). Virgil: Conservatives Should Understand: ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ Is Just Another Name for Political Power—So Where’s Ours? Breitbart News. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- Ridiculous Liberal Euphemisms We Accept, Ricochet.com
- Liberals are winning the language war, by Keith Koffler at Reuters, April 11, 2014.
- Liberal doublespeak: Words that don’t mean what they say, by John R. Smith at BizPac Review, August 19, 2014.
- Eliminating the Left's Euphemisms, by Anthony J. Sadar at the American Thinker, April 26, 2015.
- Taking a big stick to liberals, The Washington Times, October 2, 2016.
- How to Speak Liberal . . ., by Fred Barnes at The Weekly Standard, August 14, 2006.