Liberal values refers to the value system commonly held by liberals, just as Professor values and Hollywood values do for professors and Hollywood respectively. Liberal values tend to stand in stark opposition to conservative values and thus reject those things which conservatives hold to be dear and true. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Failing to educate others, particularly younger people, about the harm caused by a lack of conservative values.
- Censorship of ideas not deemed politically correct. E.g., Liberal students protest or disrupt conservative guest speakers on college campuses.
- Denial of politically incorrect truths such as the link between abortion and breast cancer.
- Opposition to the free market, instead favoring heavy regulation.
- A desire for equal outcomes as opposed to equal opportunity.
- Excessive emphasis on awards and titles, especially those awarded by liberal institutions.
- To judge something immoral behavior is tantamount to being a bigot.
- Bigotry itself, an almost uniquely liberal trait.
- Confusing separation of church and state with state-sanctioned atheism.
- A willingness to excuse any aggressive and irreverent behaviour in other countries, while harshly criticizing their own.
- Strict materialism and an overreliance on narrowly defined "reality".
- Contempt for authorities. [on the implication, of course, that the authorities in question are conservatives]
- Mistaking conclusions for facts.
In general, liberal values tend to undermine traditional society, and in certain instances can cause irreparable harm to the lives of individuals who are brought under their sway.