List of atheist and agnostic pseudosciences
None of these are actually about religion, atheism, or agnosticism, though people of various religious persuasions, including atheism and agnosticism, often take strong positions on these scientific subjects.
- Darwinism (biology)
- Pangenesis (biology)
- Lysenkoism (biology)
- Punctuated Equilibrium (biology)
- Old earthism (geology)
- Marxism (economics)
- Marxism-Leninism (economics)
- Socialism (economics)
- Secularization thesis (sociology)
Postsecularism and science
See also: Desecularization
Postsecularism refers to a number of theories concerning the persistence or resurgence of religious beliefs or practices in the present.
The Science Recorder declared in 2015:
|“|| Science and religion are often presented as opposing world views, but a recent study in the American Sociological Review published Jan. 29, suggests that for some Americans, this binary construction (i.e. science vs. religion) is a false dichotomy.
Authors Timothy O’Brien, an assistant professor at the University of Evansville and co-author Shiri Noy, an assistant professor of sociology at the University of Wyoming, call these Americans the “Post-Seculars,” and were surprised to find that one in five Americans belongs to this group, a sizable number given that most of these individuals have gone “unnoticed before in endless rounds of debates pitting” science against religion.
According to O’Brien, “[The Post-Seculars] are pretty knowledgeable and appreciative about science and technology but…are also very religions and reject certain scientific theories.”
- Atheists and the National Academy of Sciences
- Atheist cults
- Atheism and irrationality
- Rebuttals to atheist arguments
- Atheism is a religion
- Methodological naturalism
- Atheism and deception
- Theories of evolution
- Evolution as a secular origins myth
- Study discusses emerging trend in science-versus-religion debate: Post-Secularism by Chiamaka Nwakeze | Science Recorder | January 30, 2015