Welcome to Conservapedia
Today in History
- July 26
- 1603 - James VI of Scotland was crowned King James I of England. He then 'authorised' an English translation of the Scriptures, first published in 1611 and known as the 'Authorised Version', or in America as the 'King James Version' of the Bible.
- 1775 - Benjamin Franklin becomes the 1st Postmaster General.
- 1788 - New York becomes 11th state to ratify the constitution.
- 1971 - Apollo 15 is launched to the Moon.
- July 25
- 1907 - Sir Robert Baden-Powell took some boys camping, in what was a precursor to the scouting movement.
- July 22
- 1822 - Gregor Mendel, a monk who became a pioneer in heredity studies, was born today.
- 1926 - Babe Ruth caught a baseball dropped from an airplane.
- 1933 - Wiley Post became the first man to fly solo around the world.
- 1934 - Notorious gangster John Dillinger was gunned down.
- 1975 - Congress restored the citizenship of Robert E. Lee.