Main Page/Previous Conservapedia Breaking News/Archives/July 2007
- Hillary Clinton says, "we have to end the Bush era of ignoring problems, ignoring enemies and adversaries." Iowa Votes 2008
- Democratic presidential hopefuls face YouTube Interrogators. FactCheck found a few misstatements. 
Justice Stephen Breyer complained to Senator Arlen Specter that the Roberts Court has already overturned 8 (liberal) precedents, and "Specter to probe Supreme Court decisions" to try to stop this!!!
Exclusive to Conservapedia: read what the 8 cases are here.
The New York Times declines further in its latest report: Total revenues decreased 3.7 percent to $788.9 million from $819.6 million. Advertising revenues decreased 5.7 percent; circulation revenues decreased 0.5 percent ...."
Advice: trying saying something conservative for once.
University of Colorado Board of Regents votes to fire Ward Churchill; Professor who likened some Sept. 11 victims to Nazi Adolf Eichmann
O'Reilly: Ward Churchill's demise. Bill O'Reilly says "the ACLU is exposed as a fraud" and its condemnation of former Harvard President Lawrence Summers is a double standard. Video
- US President Bush Accuses Congressional Critics of Misleading Public About Al Qaeda in Iraq.
Fox News Channel article: 
- New Study says Gitmo detainees really are a threat to America. New York Times
The American Democratic Party Wants Americans…to shut their traps. Michelle Malkin reports:
United States representative John Murtha asks Congressional Budget Office for Report which says draftees could be paid less than all-volunteer military. TIME magazine
Democrats Kill the John Doe Amendment. 
A leading member of America's Democratic Party, New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, apologizes for how his office misused state police "in a plot to smear the governor's political nemesis, Republican Senate Majority Leader."
Fistful of Dollars? The Money Pit?
American Democratic Party earmarks tax dollars for Hollywood. National Review Online
U.S. Democratic Party presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich rips fellow Democrat candidate John Edwards for trying to rig election. 
Guess who is comparing U.S. President Bush to Adolf Hitler? No, not just a lunatic, Democratic Party US Representative Keith Ellison.
- Half of all minimum wage workers in the United States are under 25 years old, and one quarter are ages 16-19, often dropouts. The biggest effect of the Democratic Party' raising the federal minimum wage Tuesday will be to encourage more young people to hurt themselves by dropping out of school. Researchers concluded that "we find some evidence that higher minimum wages reduce teen school enrollment in states where students can drop out before the age of 18."
- Labor Unions outsource picket lines, exploit the poor and most vulnerable with low wages, no benefits, and cheat the government out of uncollected taxes. Washington Post
About 739 accredited bachelor-degree-granting colleges in the United States have adopted "test-optional" policies. Applicants to those schools do not have to provide SAT or ACT scores if they do not want to.
American tax dollars at work: post-Hurricane Katrina "disaster relief" is flowing into the pockets of casino owners. "Casinos Boom in Katrina’s Wake as Cash Pours In," the New York Times reports.
"Billing records show that former US Senator Fred Thompson spent nearly 20 hours working as a lobbyist on behalf of a group seeking to ease restrictive federal rules on abortion counseling in the 1990s, even though he recently said he did not recall doing any work for the organization."
Harris Poll gives Thompson edge over Giuliani for the American Republican Party's presidential nomination. 
Wikipedia® continues to lose credibility:
- "Larry Sanger, who founded Wikipedia in 2001 with Jimmy Wales only to leave shortly afterwards, said that even as far back as 2001 the Wikipedia community 'had no respect for experts.'"
- Gunman Shot and Killed Near Colorado Governor's Office; Governor Not Injured: 
- Massachusetts Woman Sues IRS Over Denial of Tax Deduction for Sex Change Operation: 
- 1 in 12 Full-Time Workers in U.S. Admit Using Drugs in Past Month: 
- Children of Holocaust Survivors Sue Germany for Psychiatric Care: 
- Iran Unveils 'Rescue the Nuke Scientist' Video Game: 
- Cigarettes May Soon be Regulated for 'Safety':  
- George Galloway faces new police enquiry into Saddam cash: 
- MI5 foils hitman's plot to assassinate Russian tycoon in London hotel - Diplomatic crisis worsens: 
- Early release prisoners re-offend: 
- Media company accepts blame for BBC royal debacle: 
- 13-year-old girl stabbed at school: . Another reason to Homeschool.
- Fresh strike action set to cripple mail deliveries again: 
- China's solution to plague of 2 billion rats: truck them to restaurants: 
The best and the brightest of America's amoral colleges: Physics "genius" Billy Cottrell is serving 8 years in jail for environmental vandalism of new sport-utility vehicles (SUVs), including spray-painting Euler's Formula on one of them and the torching of the cars by co-conspirators. Liberal pleas for preferential treatment for him in jail claim he could be making "major contributions" to string theory.
U.S. presidential hopeful Obama tells union crowd he won't shop at Wal-Mart -- Staff reports campaign purchases the same day. Hillary's staff also shops at Wal-Mart. The New York Times Liberal hypocrisy in action.
Firefighters Vs. Giuliani - International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) smears Rudy Giuliani. FactCheck says that even though the union claims they're non-partisan, records show the IAFF leans heavily Democratic. FactCheck.org
British liberals force teen to remove her purity ring in school. "I am very disappointed by the decision this morning by the High Court not to allow me to wear my purity ring to school as an expression of my Christian faith not to have sex outside marriage," she said.
- Pupil loses 'purity ring' challenge: 
- A Perception Issue? Revolving door between the American Civil Liberties Union and National Public Radio. NewsBusters:
- America's National Public Radio's objectivity: Alger Hiss was a "former State Department official," like Benedict Arnold was "a former Revolutionary War general." Accuracy in Media
American columnist Michelle Malkin exposes:
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani picks libertarians (Ted Olson and Miguel Estrada) and an executive (Larry Thompson), all likely to be pro-choice, to head his panel for nominating judges. Olson opposed conservative John Roberts in 1982 on limiting jurisdiction, and Estrada applied RICO against abortion protesters and forced open the airwaves to profanity. The neoconservative (socially liberal) Power Line blog deadpans, "It would be hard to come up with a group of lawyers and judges that would be more reassuring to conservatives in this regard." It isn't that "hard" to find real pro-lifers.
Here we go again: more U.S. government school students are charged with plotting to reenact the Columbine massacre, this time against their Long Island high school. Godless government schools today: garbage in, garbage out.
Internal rivalries sink John McCain's lost campaign for the job of President of the United States of America. Advice to McCain: stop acting like a liberal and start being a conservative. But is it too late for him?
Conservapedia delivers: 100% pass rate on the CLEP economics exam to earn college credit. One remarkable 9th grade student earned college credit in economics based on the materials posted here on Conservapedia.
Coursework is so much easier when the liberal distortions are removed.
Liberal California awards over $5.8 million to an ex-volleyball coach. Why? Because she claimed that a state college did not renew her coaching contract "because of her perceived sexual orientation and her speaking up on behalf of female athletes." Liberal distortions of Title IX have struck again.
USA Today reports - Katrina fraud swamps system.  In addition to the "real" fraud, a United States attorney also says "Other cases auditors had criticized — people spending aid money on jewelry or vacations — turned out not to be a crime, because federal law doesn't specify how the money must be spent."
U.S. Public School Gives 6th-Grade Graffiti Artist Same Punishment as Drug Users or students making Terrorist threats. Another of the many reasons to Homeschool your children. Associated Press article at Fox News: 
Michelle Malkin reports on the Live Earth concerts. PETA has demanded that Live Earth organizers there take meat off the menu. A campaigner said "There’s no such thing as a meat eating environmentalist".
Why is America's NBC airing Al Gore’s Live Earth concert this weekend? Steven Milloy at Fox News says, "European governments and companies expect that global warming regulation will give them a competitive advantage over U.S. businesses." 
On the second anniversary of the London "7/7" terrorist bombings, MI5 reveal that the Police have been infiltrated by radical Islamic fifth columnists... but "political correctness" prevents their dismissal! The Daily Mail reports here: 
Another smear by Wikipedia: its last sentence on Human Life International claimed that a killer "confessed that pamphets (sic) from the group led" him to kill. This is a complete lie designed to smear a conservative group. But this was approved by Wikipedia and remained for over a month.
U.S. employers added 132,000 jobs, paychecks grew solidly and the unemployment rate stayed at a low 4.5 percent in June, fresh evidence that the American economy is regaining energy. Associated Press story at Fox News 
"The fact is that the Bush 43 Economy is looking pretty darned good, even stellar, compared to most other eras." Tom Blumer at NewsBusters wrote this article, Comparing Economies: Two Respected Measures Put Bush 43's at or Near the Top. Comments from the liberals include, "The sky is falling and only the Socialists can keep it up where it belongs." 
"The UK Independent revealed that Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates has acquired a major stake in a homosexual activist publishing company," which publishes online "homosexual pornography." Microsoft monopoly profits at work! 
Liberals insist on Teaching Homosexuality to Kids. Another reason to homeschool - Rebecca Hagelin at Townhall.com reports: [http://www.townhall.com/columnists/RebeccaHagelin/2007/07/06/teaching_homosexuality_to_kids
John Hawkins at Townhall.com reports: "Unfortunately for black Americans, the "help" they get from the Democratic Party is almost always perversely damaging." The Democratic Party's Stealth War On Black Americans
Conservapedia surpasses 14 million page views!!!! Every visit can result in learning something censored elsewhere.
- its entry on liberal former Vice President Al Gore contains no mention of drug charges against his son, but its entry on conservative Vice President Dick Cheney prominently mentions his adult daughter's sexuality.[example #1]
- Wikipedia smears prominent Christian conservatives, including James Dobson and D. James Kennedy, with an allegation that they are part of a grand scheme Wikipedia calls "Dominionism"[example #3]
For Americans on 4th July:
President Bush Commutes 'Scooter' Libby's Prison Sentence.
President Bush left intact a $250,000 fine and two years probation for Libby, and Bush said his action still "leaves in place a harsh punishment for Mr. Libby." Associated Press article at Fox News 
Remember the Bill Clinton pardons in 2001? Former U.S. President Clinton, pardoned Cabinet member Henry Cisneros, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - see the Newsbusters article
Mainstream Media Ignores Higher Placed Clinton Officials' Conviction to Tout Libby's
Tony Snow did a related story from 2005 - Cover Up???
Liberals strike out in the U.S. Congress.
"Pelosi's approval rating in California since March has plunged from 52 percent to 39 percent, according to the survey by the San Francisco-based Public Policy Institute of California."
Update on the War on Terror:
Tony Blair, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, has a message for Muslim extremists: “It’s not just your methods that are wrong, your ideas are absurd. Nobody is oppressing you. Your sense of grievance isn’t justified.” But who said terrorists are grieving?
The new Prime Minister, Gordon Brown says Britain’s message to the terrorists must be: “We will not yield, we will not be intimidated, and we will not allow anyone to undermine our British way of life.” Weren't the French saying that a decade ago?
A new law signed by New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, requires the state to grow and distribute Marijuana. Associated Press article at Fox News 
Governor Richardson is also running for the United States Democratic presidential nomination.
Terrorism strikes Scotland, a day after two car bombs were defused in London. Is Britain headed in the direction of France, which suffered from similar terrorism a decade ago?
Terrorism also strikes in Yemen. 9 Dead in Al Qaeda Homicide Bombing at Ancient Temple Site in Yemen. Associated Press article at Fox News 
James Sherk at the American think-tank the Heritage Foundation says "liberal defenders of the welfare state like to present themselves as defenders of the poor." The unions are hurting the poor by blocking the modernization of the Indiana welfare system. Fox News article
In the United States, 113 Democrats and 196 Republicans joined to deny funds used to re-impose the equal-time "Fairness Doctrine". The maintream media didn't like that news and chose to ignore it. Fairness Doctrine Loses Big in the House, Media Mum
Paul Nowak has a great cartoon that satirizes Liberal paranoia of talk radio. 
D.R. Tucker of the conservative American newspaper Human Events says "... it is the Republican Party, not the Democrat Party, that actually embraces Dr. Martin Luther King's vision."
Mr Tucker also states "... Conservatives believe that the GOP's Republican Party's commitment to racial equality is a self-evident truth..." and that "... the Democrat Party is seen as pro-racial equality despite its support for politically expedient forms of discrimination.
- A man in a Terri Schiavo-like state regains consciousness: "A US Gulf War veteran who was set to die in an Arizona hospital in a controversial euthanasia case regained complete consciousness on Tuesday. A decision to pull the feeding tubes from Jesse Ramirez, 36, on 8 June had been reversed after a court case by his family members. The move has paid off now that the man is responding and is set to move to a rehabilitation centre." 
- Herod's tomb found! Israeli archaeologist Ehud Netzer finds grave of Temple builder and Slaughterer of the Innocents inside his fortress near Bethlehem. See here.