Main Page/Previous Conservapedia Breaking News/Archives/September 2007
At Least 56 Arrested in Immigration Raids at McDonald's. Even though the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents were doing their jobs, a mayor in Reno, Nevada and the ACLU criticized ICE. A Latino leader accused the agents of using "Gestapo methods". Fox News
Colorado Students Walk Out During Pledge, Recite Own Version
About 50 Boulder, Colorado High School students walked out of class to protest the daily reading of the Pledge of Allegiance and recited their own version, omitting "one nation, under God." The liberal principal is "proud" of these rebellious students. Fox News
- Matthew Shepard's murder was a hate crime (it wasn't)
- hate crime is related to the defense appropriations bill (it isn't)
Thanks to the Democrats for illustrating the need for a presidential veto.
Special privileges for homosexuals being voted on by Congress this week in the misnamed Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), H.R. 2015.
U.S. Senate Attaches "Hate Crime" Legislation to Defense Funding Bill. This legislation will give special privileges to homosexuals and President Bush will be forced to veto the defense bill.  Its supporters chant the falsehood that the drug-related murder of Matthew Shepard was motivated by anti-gay hatred. An amendment by Ted Kennedy deliberately protects Christian speech only with substantial burdens, so the Bible is at risk of becoming "hate speech" as in Canada.
- MSNBC Graphic Smears O’Reilly: ‘Anchor’s Racist Comments’ 
- On CNN, O’Reilly Is ‘Ahmadinejad,’ Juan Williams, ‘Happy Negro’ 
- Juan Williams Defends Bill O’Reilly, Calls CNN Idiots 
- CNN’s ‘Newsroom,’ MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ Pile on O’Reilly 
- I've got an obligation to be equally upset when that kind of juvenile debate emanates from the left. AP
The Magna Carta, which established the Rule of Law, is going to be auctioned later this year. The only original copy in private hands, this is expected to fetch $30 million for a Ross Perot foundation.
- Clinton continues commanding lead at 28% 
- Poll shows Hillary Clinton and Obama trailing Giuliani in 31 Democratic-held House seats regarded as crucial to Dems holding Congress and a drag on their reelection chances. Washington Post
- A noted graduate of the Columbia University School of Journalism tore up her diploma in protest to the visit by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the Columbia campus. From WorldNetDaily. 
- While Ahmadinejad visits NY, Iranian Officer arrested for smuggling roadside bombs into Iraq. Fox News
- And during his speech, Ahmadinejad sidestepped the question as to whether or not Iran persecuted gays: "We don’t have homosexuals, like in your country," he answered. In Iran, they get hung! 
- Rassmussen Poll shows two & a half to one disparity of liberal organization, MoveOn.org smear campaign of respected soldier, Gen. Petraeus; 23% Approve 58% Disapprove. 
- After first denying it, the New York Times now admits it gave MoveOn.org a special discount for its liberal "General Betray Us" ad. "The public editor for The New York Times slammed his employer Sunday in a column, saying the newspaper violated its policies by cutting MoveOn.org a deal on a controversial ad criticizing the top U.S. military commander in Iraq." New York Times
- The U.S. Senate voted 72-25 to condemn MoveOn.org's "General Betray Us" ad. Hillary Clinton, however, sided with MoveOn.org and opposed the resolution and Barack Obama ducked the vote despite voting on a bill just prior to it.
Conservapedia surpasses 24 million page views!!
We did this without gossip or pornography, unlike Wikipedia.
In Google, our entry for liberal deceit is ranked number one, liberal is number two, and homosexuality is number 5!
Nothing like rigging a study to make conservatives look stupid. 
- Bad News for Liberals: The Economy is Good. Townhall.com
- News on Salary Doesn’t Add Up. The Conservative Voice
- Walking Through August's Real Earnings Report for Old Media Outlets That Ignored It. NewsBusters:
- NBC Rains on Rate Cut: ‘Beware of the Downside of Any Economic Upturn’. NewsBusters:
Democratic U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy just introduced an amendment to the hate crimes bill (H.R. 1585) that reveals what this is really about: silencing Christianity; see Matthew Shepard Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007. This amendment implies that the only protection from censorship will be what "substantially burdens any exercise of religion ..., speech, expression, or association." Other burdens on religion, speech, expression, or association will be imposed to censor speech disliked by liberals.
A French judge has just ordered the release of twenty-five minutes of long-suppressed raw video footage connected with the alleged death of Mohammed al-Dura, allegedly at the hands of Israeli soldiers on September 30, 2000. Responsible investigative journalists have long suspected that al-Dura, who was twelve years old at the time, was not killed by Israeli troops in that incident, and instead either played dead for the cameras that just happened to be on the scene or else was shot by the cameraman himself or someone close to him. WorldNetDaily. 
Déjà vu all over again? Two students were shot at Delaware State University early this morning (Friday) and police were searching for a gunman, officials said. Classes have been canceled for the day. A male student was hospitalized and a female student was hospitalized with injuries that are considered serious, according to a news release on the university's Web site. The school opened under a cloud of tragedy this semester after the shooting deaths of four students--three enrolled, one about to enroll--in Newark, New Jersey on Aug. 4. Without morals being taught in our public schools is it really a surprise when these tragedies occur? 
78.8 million websites are retrieved when liberal is typed into Google. Conservapedia's entry is number two, and number one in accuracy. Wikipedia's entry refuses to admit that liberals support taxpayer-funded abortion, censorship of prayer in school, and gun control.
President Bush Says Democrats Afraid of Left-Wing Groups Like MoveOn.org, The president was responding to a question about an advertisement run last week by the radical liberal advocacy group MoveOn.org, which stated General David Petraeus was falsifying information about the war, under a bold headline, "General Petraeus or General Betray Us?" "I thought the ad was disgusting," Bush told reporters in the White House briefing room. "I was disappointed that not more leaders in the Democrat Party spoke out strongly against that kind of ad, and that leads me to come to this kind of conclusion: That most Democrats are afraid of irritating a left-wing group like MoveOn.org — are more afraid of irritating them — than they are of irritating the United States military. That was a sorry deal," the president said.
Reuters/Zogby Poll reports disaffection with Democrats continues to sink in the quagmire, with only a paltry 11% of Americans voicing approval; 56% rate personal financial situation good or excellent, 88% are proud of the U.S.
A large church group is no longer fooled by the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation, after learning how it supports Planned Parenthood, the large abortion provider. The Church group cuts its ties and sends its donations for breast cancer elsewhere.
- "a 'poster child' for what is wrong with Washington and what should never happen again with a candidate running for the highest office in the land" USA Today
211 years ago, George Washington's Farewell Address: "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism who should labor to subvert these great Pillars ...." Hillary Clinton, do you agree??? If so, why do you support the censorship of prayer in the classroom?
Maryland's highest court upholds traditional marriage!!! By a 4-3 margin, this Court ruled against a demand to create a constitutional right to same-sex marriage. The Court said, "the right to marry enjoys its fundamental status due to the male-female nature of the relationship and/or the attendant link to fostering procreation of our species." A liberal blogger unsuccessfully criticizes the decision here.
Meanwhile, gay activists persuade New Jersey to punish a Methodist church group in Ocean Grove by revoking its tax exemption for a pavilion, because the church group will not allow same-sex union ceremonies. But the joke is on the liberals: the tax amounts to only $175 per year! 
More Legal News: Dry cleaner loses customers pants, sued for $67 million and forced to close doors. 
Mike Huckabee wins the straw poll after the values debate last night. Full results. Liberal Republican no-show candidates received less than 5% in voting. You may still be able to view the debate here or here.
Another person awakens from a 6-year coma: . Like Terri Schiavo, he "spent six years in a minimally conscious state." Unlike Terri Schiavo, this man was given the opportunity to receive new medical treatments to help him.
Physicists are baffled by how the weight that defines a kilogram has lost mass over time.  If physicists cannot understand the change in mass over 100 years, how can they have any confidence about extrapolating back a thousand or million or billion years?
President George W. Bush picks a judicial adviser to GOP presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani as the new Attorney General: Michael B. Mukasey. Liberal U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer gives this fellow New Yorker two thumbs up.
Mexico celebrates its national "Day of Independence" on September 16!
Liberals at the University of California, Davis, force the regents to rescind an invitation to Larry Summers, the former president of Harvard University, to speak at a board dinner Wednesday night in Sacramento. Why? Because Summers once suggested that innate differences between men and women could be a reason for under-representation of women in science, math and engineering. Liberals censor anyone who claims there are any work-related differences between men and women, just as they do at Wikipedia! 
An "I voted for it, but I don't support it" moment for recently announced presidential candidate Fred Thompson. "Thompson, contrary to his current memories, was deeply involved in expanding government restrictions on political speech generally and the ban on issue ads specifically. Yet he told Ingraham 'I voted for all of it,' meaning McCain-Feingold, but said 'I don't support that' provision of it." 
- FOX News : Bush Approval up; nearly half of Americans think Surge helped in Iraq; still more would "never vote for" Hillary Clinton than will "definitely vote for." 
- Wall Street Journal : Majority accepts link between Iraq and war on terror, though Democrats disagree; 34% rate Democratic party favorably, down from 42% in July, while negative ratings rise from 35% to 38%. 
Once again, the city paused to listen as the names of the 2,750 victims were read in a familiar but still-moving litany. And once again, after winning a dispute with city officials, family members marched into the pit at Ground Zero to remember their relatives whose lives ended in the fiery rubble of the collapsed 110-story towers with the actions of fanatical Muslim terrorists. Even after six years, the pain of that morning lingered for many. "We're still very much affected by it on a daily basis," said Tania Garcia, whose sister Marlyn was killed. "It's something we will never get over. It's an open wound, and every year that passes by just get worse and worse and worse."
Republican support for pro-abortion candidate Rudy Giuliani is dropping like a stone. Giuliani "has seen a dramatic erosion in his support, which now stands at its lowest point of the year, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. Giuliani's support dropped from 37% in a July poll to 28% in the latest (national) survey, and his decline from February has been even more sharp. Then, he had the backing of 53% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents and had a better than 2 to 1 advantage over his closest rival." Washington Post excerpt
New junk science report says 'liberals are more flexible in their thinking' and conservatives ' more rigid and closed-minded, less tolerant of ambiguity';  How's this for tolerance and ambiguity : Hillary Rodham Clinton to begin criminal background checks on contributors before taking money in wake of the Hsu scandal  -- one week ago MSNBC reported convicted criminal Sandy Berger is working as an adviser to Hillary Clinton. 
Related NewsBusters stories:
The Environmental President: Cynthia McKinney, former Congresswoman who was defeated for voting against the Iraq War and arrested on battery charges after striking a Capitol Hill police officer, is considering a bid for Green Party's Presidential nomination. FOX News
Massachusetts parents fight back in public school against the pro-gay propaganda play, The Laramie Project. "Scott Wilson, a father of three daughters, one of them a freshman this year, said he was shocked the school district decided to put on the play. He said he had bought a copy and read through the script. 'I was particularly concerned about the language and violence,' he said. 'It's very graphic in its depiction.'"
The neoconservative's candidate falters again: This time the revelation is that Fred Thompson once did work on behalf of suspected Libyan terrorists.
This comes on top of his flip-flop on the marriage amendment.
Planned Parenthood enjoys an annual profit of over $50 million as the United States' largest abortion provider, but a clinic pleads poverty in complying with the same laws that apply to other surgical procedures. For an example of liberal bias that omits any reference to the complications and hardships caused by abortion, see today's L.A. Times article by Stephanie Simon, who once reported on Conservapedia. A full rebuttal is being developed here.
- Nancy Pelosi Invests in Iran-Linked Company. Fox News: 
- The Terrorism Investments of the 50 States
Wikipedia has two million entries, but no entry for liberal! Instead, it seems to pretend that the term does not exist, redirecting users to "liberalism" which fails even to explain what a liberal is. See Bias in Wikipedia.
The horrors of political correctness:
- Michelle Malkin comments on an article that a homosexual foster couple were left free to sexually abuse vulnerable boys in their care because social workers feared being accused of discrimination if they investigated complaints. 
- Original article from the Daily Mail 
The Democrats' favorite Republican, Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel, announces he will not run for reelection. He is the third moderate Republican to announce his departure from the U.S. Senate in the past two weeks.
The ACLU strikes again: it just persuaded the Ninth Circuit to forbid Congress from transferring a cross to private owners who would preserve it in the Mojave Desert, in Buono v. Kempthorne. Is there no end to the hostility to Christianity? But things can go wrong for the ACLU, like when one of their own, who happened to be the head of the Virginia chapter, gets caught and arrested, tried and convicted of downloading child pornography...from his 10 year-old son's bedroom computer! 
- Norman Hsu, prominent Clinton fund-raiser and fugitive from justice, was apprehended in Grand Junction, Colorado, at 7:00 p.m. MDT Thursday, September 6. He was on an Amtrak train passing through Grand Junction when he fell ill. He deboarded and was taken to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, where the FBI promptly placed him under arrest. Clinton campaign representatives have thus far declined to comment. Source: Grand Junction Daily Sentinel.
- A three-judge panel will hear the other illegal fundraising case from Hillary's 2000 Senate campaign. 
- Read the indictment
The quote of Wednesday night at the Republican president debate by Tom Tancredo: "Political correctness is going to get us all killed!"
Wednesday night's Republican debate in New Hampshire was lively: Tom Tancredo defended the use of what might be called "torture" by liberals; Mitt Romney defended the use of wiretaps for Muslim mosques; but John McCain criticized the use of torture based on the damage to the reputation of the United States and the risk of retaliation against American prisoners of wars (Tancredo replied, American enemies don't need an excuse to torture Americans.)
Wikipedia thinks deceit is a "post-punk" rock album that is "austere, brilliant and indescribable." Wikipedia does not have an entry on deceit that explains it correctly, and Wikipedia fails to give meaningful examples as Conservapedia does here. See also Bias in Wikipedia.
R.I.P.: Republican Congressman Paul Gillmor (Ohio) and former Republican Congresswoman Jennifer Dunn (Washington), each of whom have died unexpectedly from natural causes in separate incidents in the D.C. area. Gillmor story; Dunn story
Colorado Schools Lowering the Bar
New minimum standards for incoming college freshman at Colorado's public universities are scheduled to go into effect next year, mandating four years of high school English, along with three years of math and science. But state officials were so alarmed at the number of freshmen - some 3,000 this fall - who wouldn't meet the standards were they in place now, that last month they relaxed the requirements to let the public school districts catch up! At Metropolitan State College in Denver, half the new freshmen don't meet upcoming state requirements, At the University of Northern Colorado, 22 percent of the freshman class fall short of the requirements. And among Colorado State University freshmen, the figure is 17 percent.
In what we have become to expect from public schools, Gerald Keefe, superintendent of the Kit Carson School District said: "Tailoring graduation requirements to fit what in-state colleges and universities ask for doesn't fit the needs of the Kit Carson community. Making high school harder to get through may mean more drop out. “ Duh! 
Conservapedia reaches 20 million page view milestone!
PRESIDENT BUSH MAKES SURPRISE VISIT TO IRAQ. President Bush made a surprise visit to Iraq on Monday, using the war zone as a backdrop to argue his case that the buildup of U.S. troops is helping stabilizing the nation, at Al-Asad Air Base, west of Baghdad. 
The health care plan proposed by Democrat presidential candidate John Edwards is mandatory. "If you are going to be in the system, you can't choose not to go to the doctor for 20 years. You have to go in and be checked and make sure that you are OK." 
The ACLU demands $2.3 million in fees for challenging a law against illegal immigration. This demand "illustrates the circus the ACLU brought to this case," the Mayor of Hazelton said. "They had 20 attorneys sitting in the courtroom at a time, 16 of them doing nothing but running up the bill."
Planned Parenthood Federation of America attained nearly $1 billion in income for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2006, after performing a record 264,943 abortions. The federal government gave it $305 million in taxpayer funds.
Judicial activism strikes again:
- San Francisco's liberal federal courts: Keep on truckin' – back to Mexico! WorldNetDaily
- "An Iowa district court ruled Thursday that same-sex couples can marry based on the state constitution's guarantee of equal treatment, court documents show."
- Judge sides with AFL-CIO, ACLU in putting freeze on Department of Homeland Security Plan to Warn Employers About Hiring Illegals.
The latest casualty of false smears on Wikipedia: the Sydney Morning Herald(SMH). "Like Wikipedia itself, the SMH's story was riddled with inaccuracies." With respect to that storywriter's own entry, "Though Wikipedia's editors were alerted to its grossly inaccurate content some years ago, it remains grotesquely inaccurate." 
Talented high school athletes reject regulations and join new, unregulated programs. "The high school team will not be encumbered by the regulations of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association." The NJSIAA, which completely bans homeschoolers, can't do anything to stop this.
Hillary Clinton Campaign Donates Fugitive Contributor's Money to Charity. Fox News
Hillary Clinton Big Money Donor Wanted for Grand Theft. Fox News 
Michelle Malkin says: What say you now, Hillary?
The ACLU strikes again! This time it has enlisted the Liberal Courts to have banned the private distribution of Bibles in public school. The federal Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit issued this ruling for the ACLU. Doe v. S. Iron R-1 Sch. Dist., 2007 U.S. App. LEXIS 19818 (8th Cir. Aug. 21, 2007).
Here's a switch - Mormon student, Justice, ACLU Join Up. The Justice Department is joining the ACLU in backing a student who lost his state-funded merit-based scholarship because he left college to serve a two-year church mission. LDSLiving
- an anti-Christian zealot won't gun you down in class as in Columbine
- you won't have to watch an Al Gore movie
- you won't have to see Goth clothing on your classmates
- you won't have to pretend that the drug addicts are cool
- you won't have to fear being sued by the ACLU for leading the class in prayer
Add to our listings of the greatest conservative songs and [[Essay:Greatest Conservative Movies|movies]]. Debate them on our talk pages.