Marcellus Rivers (American Football Player)
Marcellus Rivers (born October 26, 1978 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) is a National Football League free agent tight end. He entered the NFL in 2001 when he was signed by the New York Giants as a undrafted rookie free agent on April 27, 2001. Rivers played at tight end with the Giants until the 2005 season when he signed with the Houston Texans. In 2006, he was one the Oakland Raiders for a short time before the regular season began and then briefly was with the New Orleans Saints and played in one game with them. On August 8, 2007 the New England Patriots signed Rivers to an undisclosed deal before releasing him on September 1, 2007. The following day, September 2, he was resigned by the Patriots but then released days later just before the first game of the 2007 regular season. Four games into the 2007 regular season, Rivers was signed by the Patriots to a two year contract to fill a vacant roster spot due to a injury to David Thomas.
In his entire NFL career he has played in 76 games (14 starts) and made 51 receptions for 395 yards and four touchdowns. He attended and played football for Oklahoma State University. He totaled 68 receptions for 963 yards and 10 touchdowns in his career at Oklahoma State playing as a tight end.
- ↑ http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2966913
- ↑ http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/patriots_cuts_1.html
- ↑ http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/herron_rivers.html
- ↑ http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=27557&pcid=47&rss=1
- ↑ http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/10/rivers_for_2.html
- ↑ http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/10/thomas_to_ir.html
- ↑ http://www.raidersonline.org/marcellus-rivers.php