Marketing is the relationship-building aspect of business.
According to the book Contemporary Marketing Wired, "Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, services, organizations, and events to create and maintain relationships that will satisfy individual and organizational objectives." The four key variables of marketing, which are often referred to as the 4 Ps of marketing, are product, place, promotion, and price.
A seminary course description advises, "Marketing is much more than advertising and sales; it includes understanding the environment, consumer needs and behavior, assessing the value of the product, promotion, place and price."
Several universities in the United States, such as the University of Georgia, offer a Master's Degree in Marketing, in addition to universities around the world, such as the Brazilian Institute of Information Science and Technology.
Emotionally manipulative ad campaigns
- The modern marketing revolution ... meant that, instead of touting a product's actual benefits, marketers instead would psychologically manipulate the public by associating their product with the fulfillment of people's deepest, unconscious needs and desires. (Want to sell liquor? Put a seductive woman in the ad.) Obviously, the marketers could never actually deliver on that promise – but emotional manipulation sure is an effective way to sell a lot of products. 
- ↑ http://iws.ohiolink.edu/moti/homedefinition.html
- ↑ http://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/dstools/paradigm/4pmark.html
- ↑ Management Courses - UTS
- ↑ Savard, Réjean (1 January 2001). Education and Research for Marketing and Quality Management in Libraries (in English). Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 9783110962215. Retrieved on 25 June 2015. “The first Brazillian master's degree program started in 1970 with the covenant formed between the Brazilian Institute of Information Science and Technology (IBICT) and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. In the following years, other programs were open in different states.”
- ↑ Universities Offering Masters in Marketing Research Programs within the U.S. (English). Marketing Research Association. LBP. Retrieved on 25 June 2015.
- ↑ Brokeback Mountain - Rape of the Marlboro Man