|61st Governor of Maryland|
From: January 17, 2007- January 21, 2015
|47th Mayor of Baltimore, Maryland|
From: December 7, 1999 – January 17, 2007
|Spouse(s)||Catherine Curran O'Malley|
Martin O' Malley (1963 - ) is a former governor of Maryland and is a Democrat. His parents are Tom and Barbara O'Malley. Prior to his election to the Maryland governor's office, he was the mayor of the city of Baltimore, MD. O'Malley left office in January of 2015 and was replaced by Larry Hogan.
He raised 1.3 billion dollars in tax hikes in 2007. O'Malley increased on sales taxes and corporate businesses taxes. Umemployment rate went from 3.6 percent when entering office to double that from January of 2007 when he took office. In the past two years, Maryland has lost more than 100,000 jobs. He is very anti-business and companies like Northrop Grumman have been hurt by him have gone to Virginia for their high paying jobs. CNBC ranked Maryland as lagging eight times out of ten in job categories. Despite all these facts, O'Malley has even thought about raising taxes even higher when Maryland's economy has been devastated.
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/republican-larry-hogan-wins-md-governors-race-in-stunning-upset/2014/11/05/9eb8bf46-60ac-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html?tid=pm_pop
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/30/omalley-returns-to-baltimore-set-to-seek-democratic-nomination-2016-white-house/
- ↑ Philip Rucker, “Many Of Md. Tax Increases Will Go Into Effect Today,” The Washington Post, www.washingtonpost.com/
- ↑ U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; Julie Bykowicz, “Dearth Of Small-Firm Owners In Assembly Is Election Issue,” The Baltimore Sun, articles.baltimoresun.com
- ↑ Kevin James Shay, “State Job Losses Soared In February,” www.gazette.net
- ↑ Andrea K. Walker, Northrop Loss Raises Questions Of Business Environment In Maryland,” The Baltimore Sun, articles.baltimoresun.com
- ↑ CNBC.com, “America’s Top States For Business 2010,” www.cnbc.com