Michael Behenna is a U.S. Army soldier who was charged with premeditated murder and convicted of unpremeditated murder of a suspected Al-Qaida associate Ali Mansur. He has begun serving his sentence at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas. He has been in military prison since March 2009. Radio talk show host Michael Savage has stated that "someone in the military brass...definitely a vendetta from somewhere." Behenna's mother is a U.S. federal attorney, which Savage also suspects may be a factor in the unusual charges made and actions taken against her son.
- "Edmond parents urge clemency for son's 20-year sentence". Tulsa World. January 7, 2010.
- "Oklahoma Soldier Imprisoned In Detainee's Death". KOCO 5. January 7, 2010.
- Michael Savage Youtube Clip January 15, 2010
- Michael Behenna Defense Fund
- JAG Law Blog: LT Behenna’s ongoing defense. Sept. 2009.
- Behenna's fallen friends. LA Times Photo.
- "1st Lt. Michael Behenna: Now is the Time for Justice". Ros Prynn. Family Security Matters. January 8, 2010.
- "Mother of Edmond Soldier Convicted of Murder Makes Appeal". Kirsten McIntyre, NEWS 9. January 4, 2010.
- "Edmond mother to testify in soldier son's hearing". Mark Schlachtenhaufen. Edmondsun.com. January 4, 2010.
- LA Times article. September 13, 2009.