Michael Martin (1932 - 2015) was an atheistic philosopher and Professor Emeritus at Boston University. Martin obtained his Ph.D. from Harvard University in 1962. Martin came up with the transcendental argument for the non-existence of God (TANG) in response to the Transcendental argument for the existence of God (TAG).
In 1990, Michael Martin indicated there was a general absence of an atheistic response to contemporary work in the philosophy of religion and in jest he indicated that it was his "cross to bear" to respond to theistic arguments.
Martin's TANG argument was released to the public after Greg Bahnsen died.
- Atheism: A Philosophical Justification (1989)
- The Case Against Christianity (1991)
- Atheism, Morality and Meaning (2002)
- ↑ Dr. Martin's Infidels.org profile: http://infidels.org/library/modern/michael_martin/martin-bio.html
- ↑ Open Questions: Diverse Thinkers Discuss God, Religion, and Faith By Luís F. Rodrigues, page 201
- ↑ The Great Debate: Greg Bahnsen vs Gordon Stein