Microsoft is a liberal American corporation founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975 and headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA. Its current CEO is Steve Ballmer. Microsoft focuses on developing and manufacturing software, hardware and other technology oriented products and services.
Microsoft was investigated for antitrust violations by the Department of Justice, and in 2001 the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit affirmed the finding of the trial court that monopolization by Microsoft had violated the Sherman Act. The appellate court, however, overturned the lower court ruling to break Microsoft up and instead remanded the case to a new trial judge with instructions suggesting a less drastic remedy. By then, President George W. Bush had replaced Bill Clinton and the Bush Administration dropped the demand of the Clinton Administration for a break-up of Microsoft.
- Windows (operating system), including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and older versions of the desktop OS, versions for servers, versions for media centers, teacher edition, and versions for mobile devices
- MS DOS Microsoft's first operating system
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Office word processor, spreadsheet editor, slide-show creator, etc.
- Expression vector graphics editor
- Virtual PC PC emulator
- Windows Defender anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- Windows Live Writer blog publishing software
- XNA game development tool
- Visual Studio integrated development environment for C++, Visual Basic, C#, etc.
and hundreds more.
- Microsoft Press releasing books dealing with various computer technologies.
- MSN Internet service provider
- Bing search engine
- Encarta encyclopedia
- Hotmail free internet e-mail service
- Windows Live web portal
- XBOX Live Xbox online multiplayer service
- MSNBC news service
- Windows Marketplace online shopping service
- Windows Live Spaces social-networking service
- Windows Live ID online ID and password storage service
- LIVE Anywhere cross-platform multiplayer gaming service
- Microsoft Ignition online digital music service
- Xbox gaming console
- Xbox 360 gaming console
- Surface touch-interface computer
- Natural keyboard
- LifeCam webcam
- SideWinder game-pad and joystick
- Ultra-Mobile PC tablet computer
- Fingerprint Reader reads fingerprint as password
- IntelliPoint Mouse optical mouse
- MSN TV TV that allows web browsing
- Your potential. Our passion.
- ↑ http://www.microsoft.com/about/diversity/en/us/programs/ergen/gleam.aspx
- ↑ http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politicsnorthwest/2010011331_microsoft_donates_to_r-71_camp.html
- ↑ United States v. Microsoft Corp., 346 U.S. App. D.C. 330 (D.C. Cir. 2001).