In some Islamic countries, there is a moral police which patrols the country's citizenry to see if they are abiding to moral standards. Among their most frequent "busts" are violations indecent clothing for women; women and unrelated men spending time together; romantic books; works of art; and having cats and dogs as pets. These charges are in additional to illegal activities such as homosexual acts and drug possession. In recent years, the oppressed public has violently or legally resisted the moral police.
- ↑ Saudi woman sues moral police over "indecent clothing" charge
- ↑ The Times American mother arrested for sitting with an unrelated man in a Starbucks
- ↑ http://sugiero.blogspot.com/2007/03/saudi-arabia-religious-moral-police-not.html
- ↑ Hindustan Times Indian art student lands in jail
- ↑ http://www.clipmarks.com/clipmark/EC7AA1EB-DC3A-412B-8181-80CDF2E40ADD/
- ↑ Al-Jazeera Saudi moral police 'under attack'