Narendra Modi (born 17 September 1950) is the Prime Minister of India. He has served in the position since 2014, when he won a historic landslide election in which his party received more votes than any other party in the world had ever received in history. He served as the Chief Minister of the Indian state of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014. In 2017, his party, the conservative BJP, won another astounding victory, giving the party complete political control over India. While not having a Chrisitan foundation as a Hindu (and restricting the religious freedom of Christians and other religions, as well as being blamed for rising Christian persecution in India), Modi has taken more conservative and free market political positions.
Both the mainstream media and the conservative media have compared Modi and his policies to United States President Donald Trump. He has also been compared to the earlier U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- Election Results 2014: Narendra Modi Wins India. BJP and Allies Cross 300 Seats. NDTV. May 17, 2014. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Rose, Thomas (May 16, 2014). Narendra Modi, Greatest Vote-Getter in Human History: 'Good Days Are Coming' to India. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Daniyal, Shoaib (March 11, 2017). One-party rule: With the BJP's massive win in UP, is Modi set to be the new Nehru?. Scroll.in. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Jagannathan, R (March 12, 2017). 2017 Assembly elections explained: Modi's massive win in 2014 was no fluke. Business Standard. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Mohan, Siddhant (January 27, 2016). India targets Western, Christian groups at odds with Hinduism. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- US Senators express concern for religious liberty in Modi’s India. National Herald. June 27, 2017. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Di Pane, James; Enos, Olivia (March 10, 2017). India’s New Restrictions on Religious Liberty Threaten Critical Aid to the Poor. The Daily Signal. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Zaimov, Stoyan (November 30, 2016). Christians in India: Are Believers Safer Under Modi's Gov't or Facing Increased Persecution? The Christian Post. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Overdorf, Jason (March 27, 2018). India’s Christians fault Hindu PM for rising climate of persecution. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Rose, Thomas (May 13, 2014). Rich Man Poor Man: The Rise of Narendra Modi's India. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Xenakis, John J. (November 12, 2016). World View: India’s PM Narendra Modi Declares 500-1000 Rupee Notes Worthless. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Basu, Tapan (November 18, 2016). A Tale of Two Elections: How Trump 2016 Echoed Modi 2014. The Wire. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (June 27, 2017). Narendra Modi and Donald Trump: Five Similarities Between These Two Changemakers. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Narendra Modi: India's Reagan?. Breitbart News. June 2, 2014. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Danan, Deborah (July 5, 2017). Netanyahu To Modi: India, Israel A Marriage Made In Heaven. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 6, 2017.